⊰twenty four⊱

"Stiles, hold still, would ya?!" I grunted at him. I was trying to fix his tie for him because he asked me to but he was getting annoyed and impatient, fidgeting around incessantly as I tried to fix the knot that he tangled up.

"I'm sorry, but staying still isn't exactly in my list of talents," Stiles groaned in annoyance.

"Do you or do you not want to look good for Lydia?" I asked. He gave me a pointed look that was meant to be obvious and I laughed. "Okay then. Be still."

"Have you heard from Derek?" he asked me suddenly but remaining still like I asked.

My fingers froze on the tie, in the middle of looping it.

"What?"

"Have you seen or heard from Derek since you were with Scott at his house?" he repeated.

I sighed and shook my head. "No, I haven't. And I know you don't like him, but I'm worried. I think Scott's right—that the Argent's have him," I told my brother.

I didn't want to tell him about my visit from Kate because then he'd get worried about me. He'd pester me to tell him everything Kate said to me and he'd never make it to Lydia's house to pick her up for the dance.

My brother let out a heavy breath. "Sarah, I may not like him, but I can see that you do. I'm sure he's okay," my brother tried reassuring me.

I let out a short laugh. "I have no idea why I like him, but, yeah, I really think that I do," I sighed.

I figured out after Kate's visit that there was no point in denying my feelings for Derek. I didn't want to have feelings for him but I did. I didn't understand them either but I was working on it.

And Stiles was working on being okay with my feelings for Derek, which made me feel better.

"Hey, love is crazy. Believe me," he said.

I laughed again. "I didn't say that I love him, Stiles," I warned my brother.

He snorted. "Oh, please. I can see it all over your face. Even if you don't know it yet, you so love Sour Wolf," my brother teased.

I finished with his tie and gave him a shove backwards, groaning with his words. He laughed at me as I crossed my arms.

"I will admit that I like him, but I do not love him. If you say that I do, again, I will start calling you by your real name," I threatened.

His eyes widened and he shook his head vigorously. "No, no, that's okay!" he agreed quickly, making me laugh this time.

"Alright, alright. You should get going now. Have fun tonight, and if anything happens, call me," I told him.

He nodded and I followed him out of his room. We walked down the staircase together and Stiles gave our dad a hug before he disappeared from the house. I heard the Jeep roar to life and then he was gone. My dad turned to me and gave me a smile. 

"I remember when you went to your first high school dance," he told me.

I laughed. "Dad, that's not his first dance, though," I told him.

"I know. But, you went to your first dance your sophomore year. It just made me think about it," he said, getting nostalgic with me.

I let out a sigh. I knew he was wanting to talk about how I almost never come home. I knew he's been thinking about that since the other night, when Stiles got him pretty much drunk to get answers. He'd been wanting to know why I was gone all the time since I got home. And he'd been wanting to know why I was taking a break from my college campus.