⊰twenty five⊱

"Where's Lydia? Where is she?" 

The familiar voice popped up behind me and I turned around in time to see Jackson coming into the ICU, rubbing the back of his neck. He stood next to me when he saw Lydia in the room and I could tell he was worried and scared for her.

I turned my head again in a different direction to see my dad coming up behind the poor kid. He grabbed Jackson's shoulder, gently at first.

"Hey. Hey!" my dad grunted to get his attention. He pushed Jackson against the wall and pointed at Lydia. "What the hell happened to that girl?" my dad asked. 

Jackson turned his head again to look at his ex-girlfriend. "I...I don't know. I went out looking for her..."

"And what? You just happened to wander into the middle of that field and you just found her there like that? Don't lie to me, son." 

My dad was frustrated. Even a blind man could tell that much. There was a string of animal attacks and animal-like killings and he didn't have a clue as to what was going on. 

"No, I..."

My dad grabbed Jackson by the collar of his suit jacket and slammed him against the wall. "Hey! What happened to her?!" my dad yelled angrily. 

I covered my mouth with my hands in shock, eyes wide. Never in 23 years had I seen my dad get aggressive like that with a witness.

"Dad! Dad, calm down!" I pleaded, putting my hands on his arm. 

"This isn't my fault!" Jackson yelled back. 

"She's your girlfriend. That's your responsibility!" my dad yelled, slamming him against the wall again. I watched with wide eyes. 

"No, she's not, okay?! She didn't go to the formal with me!" Jackson yelled. 

My dad started to calm down a little bit, but he was still angry. I gulped. "Then who'd she go with?" my dad asked. 

"Do you really wanna know?" Jackson asked my dad. Jackson looked over at me with narrowed eyes. He knew that I knew all about who Lydia went to the dance with. My dad looked at me and I gulped again. 

"She went with Stiles," I said. 

"What?" my dad asked me incredulously. 

"Stiles took her," Jackson said. 

My dad let him go slowly and it was like he couldn't tell if he should just punch the arrogant teenager or not. He pointed a finger at Jackson, who was waiting to be punched, and instead, he turned to me.

"That's why I was worried when I said that Stiles wasn't answering his phone. He'd never actually just let something like this happen, Dad. Something's wrong, I can feel it," I told him. 

My dad turned to the officers behind him. "Somebody better find my son," he said.

My hearing picked up on a distinct and loud howl in the distance. I perked up, the sound of the howl telling me that it was Scott. He was trying to use the howl to find Derek.

I looked around, but no one else really seemed to hear it or pay attention.

I turned to my dad. He was speaking with some doctors and nurses about Lydia. He was alone, his deputies out searching for my brother. 

I knew I should've told him that I was leaving, but there was no time. I had to find Scott and help him find Derek.

The elevator doors opened to let out more hospital staff and I weaved through them stealthily to get into the elevator. The doors started to close on me and I looked out into the hallway at my dad, who hadn't noticed that I was leaving.