⊰twelve⊱

Derek pulled up behind Stiles' Jeep in the school parking lot an hour later and I could see Stiles open the back hatch of the Jeep. Derek shut off his car and we climbed out just as Scott and Stiles joined us with a pair of bolt cutters.

"Where's my boss?" Scott asked Derek.

"He's in the back," Derek said, closing the driver door.

The two teenage boys looked in the backseat of the car through the passenger seat "Oh, he looks comfortable," Stiles said sarcastically. 

Derek didn't say anything in return and Stiles turned his attention toward me. "I've been betrayed by my own sister," he huffed dramatically, crossing his arms over his lanky chest

I rolled my eyes sarcastically and stuck my hands in my jacket pockets. "Stop it," I grunted. "It's not a big deal," I told him.

"Yes, it is!" he complained. "You're fraternizing with the enemy!"

I laughed and wrapped one arm around his neck. "Didn't I always tell you that you should join the drama club, little brother? You'd really fit in," I teased as he glared at me some more. I laughed and then took my arm away from him. "I told you I was going to help Derek in anyway that I could. And he asked for my help today," I told my brother.

"Help with what? Beating up Deaton?" he asked, pointedly glaring at Derek.

"Okay, first of all, there was no 'beating up Deaton'," I rolled my eyes. "Derek punched him twice. That's not exactly beating him up. But that wasn't the only thing I helped him with today anyway." My brother opened his mouth but I held my hand up to stop his question. "Before you ask, it's none of your concern," I told him, which made him just huff in protest

Scott tapped my brother's arm and the two of them headed up for the school. "Wait. Hey. What are you doing?" Derek called up to the two of them.

They both turned to face us. "You said I was linked with the Alpha," Scott said. He turned away and started walking back up to the school doors. "I'm gonna see if you're right," I heard him finish.

The two boys disappeared inside and I sighed. I walked up to my brother's Jeep and leaned up against the back bumper. My hands were stuffed into my jacket pocket and I looked up at Derek when he sighed.

We sat in a weirdly comfortable silence for a few moments before Derek spoke again. "Thank you for what you said to Scott earlier," he said.

I shrugged. "You said that already," I reminded him.

"Yeah, I know," he agreed. "I just wanted to say it again."

I scuffed my booties on the concrete of the parking lot and sighed. I lifted my head to look at him and shook my wavy hair out of my face. "I just said to him what I wish someone would've said to me when I was going through the same things."

He pushed himself off of the hood of his car and he walked over to Stiles' Jeep, leaning against it beside me. "What about that werewolf you said taught you about the spiral?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I barely knew him.," I answered. "I mean, he taught me some things, but not control. I learned that all on my own," I added, looking down at my booties.

"What did he teach you?"

I turned my head to him in full seriousness. "That I can't trust other werewolves, which is why I'm not part of a pack."

He could tell I was being sincere and he sighed. "I do want to help Scott," he told me. "I don't want to see him in a pack with an alpha that's been killing innocent people."