thirteen.

JUSTIN BIEBER

"Ariana. What happened?" I asked her, gripping Hazel, who was thankfully still asleep.

"I honesty, I-I-I don't know."

"Do you remember anything?"

She shook her head, "I though something bad happened to Hazel and I came here."

"Do you need a doctor?" She quickly shook her head no.

"I just need to do something." She pulled out her phone, typing something.

My phone dinged signifying a text or notification of an app. It was Twitter. Ariana had tweeted:

@aphrodite: sorry brooklyn babes. had to end my trip short, but I'll be seeing you guys again soon. 🌌🌧

"I'll be back." I stood up and took Hazel upstairs to lay with Hailey. I need to take Ariana to the doctor. She's not drunk. She doesn't smell like alcohol and plus I know Ariana would not drink and drive.

"Let's go for a drive, shall we?" She nodded as I grabbed her by the hand and directed her to the passenger seat of my car.

We started on the way to the nearest clinic. Maybe a psychiatrist. A therapist? No. I need to see what's wrong with her first.

Once we arrived, I signed in and waited to be called. About a half an hour later, a nurse came and got us.

"What seems to be the problem?" The lady asked.

+

"What?" Ariana asked. "What is that?!"

"It's a mental disorder."

"Can you repeat the name?" I asked.

"Schizophrenia. It refers to a group of severe disorders in which a person loses touch with reality, experiencing grossly irrational ideas or distorted perceptions. It is a potentially serious mental illness which affects almost one person in 100. The first onset is usually in adolescence or early adulthood but the disorder can develop later. The onset may be rapid, developing over weeks, or slow in which case it develops over months or years. Some people only experience one or more brief episodes and recover fully while others have to deal with schizophrenia throughout their lives. The management of schizophrenia has improved a lot in recent years. Medication, psychotherapy, social and family support are all helpful." She explained.

"So. This is could be like a one-time thing?" I asked.

"Maybe. Would you like to hear the symptoms in case it happens again?" She asked.

"Yes, please." Ariana said.

"Inappropriate emotional responses and actions,
Withdrawal from other people,
Loss of drive, initiative and motivation,
Lack of insight into own behaviour and thinking, and denial of the illness." She continued listing. "Disturbed perceptions including hallucinations, Disorganized thinking, Delusions. But If it does, just in case, call this number." She said giving me the card. "This stuff happens mostly from stress. But the main case is abuse. It can be treated by therapy though. That's also on the card."

"Abuse?" I asked turning to look at Ariana. "Is there something you wanna tell me."

She narrowed her eyes at me, "there's nothing to tell." She grabbed her bag and walked out, heading towards the car.

"But Ariana this can help you." I said once she was at the passenger side and I caught with her from the drivers side. I hadn't unlocked the car yet.

"I'd rather talk about this later. I just wanna see my baby." I nodded and unlocked the door, and proceeded to drive home.