Driver

"Man, I haven't asked you last night, but what do you do?" Alex asked Randy as they took a seat on Kelly's couch. Kelly went off upstairs to get ready. Randy was startled by Alex's question. He started to utter some words when Alex started to snap his fingers. "Game Designer! You did it, didn't you?" he asked. Randy stared at him with an eyebrow raised and then slowly nodded.

"How'd you know?" he asked sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

Alex laughed and leaned back into the couch. "You can just call me a fucking psychic," he said wiggling his eyebrows. Randy sighed. "But seriously, you're Ray Bans and Gucci watches tells me a lot" he said.

"I don't wear Gucci watches," Randy stated.

Alex shrugged and turned on the TV. "Well, you get the point."

They continued to watch TV for the next half hour until Alex finally stood up and adjusted his dress shirt. "I have work," he said plainly. Randy nodded. "I mean I would love to stay here and catch up-"

"I'm fine" Randy blurted.

Alex chuckled. "I know. I mean Kelly's here, why wouldn't you be fine?" he teased. Randy squinted his eyes at Alex, making him back away and out of the living room. He could hear Alex saying 'bye' as he exited the house.

Randy stood up from the couch and started walking around the house. The house was small yet perfect for Kelly. He looked at the pictures that were on top of her fireplace. It was old pictures of her and her family. There were even some with his friends and Kelly herself. How did he miss out on all of this? Because of the job he wanted to pursue. He placed the last picture frame back on top of the fireplace and turned around. He almost jumped when he saw Kelly standing behind him. She looked absolutely beautiful in her dark washed skinny jeans and a red crop top. Her blonde hair was tamed into curls. She crossed her arms against her chest and stared at him.

"I didn't tell your sister I'd baby-sit you" she cleared up.

He looked up at the ceiling, like he was thinking and brought his attention back to her. "Maybe we should recall last night when you agreed to take me around?" he asked her.

She shut her eyes as she remembered what exactly happened last night. She slowly opened them and looked straight at Randy. Why did he have to be so attractive? That was always the one thought that kept running on her mind. Her phone started to vibrate and she immediately looked at it. It was a text message from Alex saying:

"Your boyfriend is a game designer!"

Kelly looked at the message confused and then looked up to see Randy. He was totally talking about Randy. She sighed and stuffed her phone in her pocket. "So where do you want to go first?" she asked him.

"Gym" he told her, more than asked. She rolled her eyes and turned her back to him. Obviously Randy wanted to be in shape to impress some girls. She sighed and grabbed her bag from the couch as Randy did the same. They both walked out of Kelly's house and towards her car.

Kelly parked her car and turned to face Randy. "That's the gym. Have fun, I'll pick you up in an hour," she told him. He nodded and grabbed his duffel bag from the back seat before he made his way to the gym.

Kelly watched him go inside before she pulled out her phone. She dialled Layla's number and held it to her ear. After a few rings Layla picked up, sniffing. Kelly understood Layla hasn't gone to work because of yesterday's breakup. She started to wonder where Layla even went. Both Phil and Layla lived together, so how did it workout? "Lay?" Kelly asked.

"Kelly!" Layla wailed into the phone.

Kelly scrunched up her face and held the phone away from ear and waited till Layla finished crying. She brought back the phone to her ear and sighed deeply. "Don't cry Lay. Where are you?" she asked.

"Home" she sniffed.

"Home home? Or like Phil and your home..." Kelly trailed off. She nervously picked at the steering wheel, wondering how Layla would react.

"Phil didn't come back here last night! Will you help me pack before he does?" Layla asked, hope filling her voice.

Kelly sighed and looked at the gym. "In an hour? We'll have another hand," Kelly said.

Layla nodded even though Kelly wasn't able to see. "Sure" she croaked out. Without a goodbye she hung up and Kelly placed her phone in her bag. She wanted to avoid every alone time she had with Randy as much as possible.

After an hour, Randy walked out of the gym and looked around. He spotted Kelly's car and jogged towards it. The sudden jerk of opening the door made Kelly immediately wake up from her small nap. Randy watched as Kelly stifled a yawn and put her hand on the gear shift. He suddenly placed his hand on hers, making her look at him in confusion.

"I can drive, you know," he told her.

She nodded, "I'm fine though, thanks," she mentioned.

He still had his hand on hers. "It's alright, I want to drive," he said.

Kelly nodded again, "Okay..." she trailed off. Once they swapped seats he glanced over at her.

"Where to?" he asked her.

"Layla's apartment" Kelly said as she rested her head against the seat. Randy watched her for a few seconds before he shrugged and put the car in drive. Hopefully she'll be telling him the way there.