I'm going to the party with you

Phil kicked the dirt on the ground and looked at Layla who was sitting on the bench staring at him. He told her he wanted to talk to her and now he wasn't saying anything. He then looked over at Randy who leaned against a tree and kept signaling Phil to talk to Layla. Phil shook his head at Randy, and finally Randy made his way to Phil. He placed his hands on Phil's shoulders. "What the fuck are you doing man? Do you know how long it took me to beg her to come here? I did this for you and now you're going to turn tables. I'll fucking kill you. Hurry up and talk to her" he hissed.

Phil shoved away Randy's hands and frowned at him. "Fine."

He looked over at Layla who was now busily texting away at someone. Phil took a deep breath and started walking towards her. She glanced up at him once she saw him heading her away. Immediately she straightened her posture and ran her fingers through her light brown hair. Phil stood in front of her, and then knelt down. He placed a hand on her knee and looked straight into her eyes. "Lay..." he whispered. Layla nodded, telling him she was listening. Maybe Phil was going to purpose to her. Maybe this is why Randy called her to come. She felt a little excited inside, just thinking about it.

"Lay, please just forgive me." Layla narrowed her eyebrows at him. Phil sighed and looked down. "You need to understand that I'm not about marriages. I'm not ready Lay."

After a moment of silence Layla began to speak. "Is this what Randy brought me here for? Oh my god Phil, I'm so tired of fighting with you for the same thing over and over again. You just don't get it do you?"

"Get what Lay! Get what? Because I don't understand why this is so important to you!" Phil said raising his voice.

"I can't believe you just said that. This is about our future Phil-"

"There could've been a future if you didn't break up with me!"

"I broke up with you because you weren't going to marry me. Rejecting me twice and still sleeping in the same bed as me makes it worse. I'm sick of this Phil," she yelled.

Phil brought his hands down his face in frustration. He was going to go nowhere with this fight. Layla just wanted one thing and that was marriage. "Is that it Lay? Marriage? You want to be married to me?"

"Phil, Mike might just purpose to Eve on her birthday which is in 2 days. They have been together for only one year. I spent six years with you and-"

"That's what I'm fucking saying! You spent six years with me and you won't understand that marriage doesn't need to happen. Exchanging rings isn't going to change anything Lay. It's about how much trust we have. That's all!"

"Then if exchanging rings don't make a difference, why won't you do it? Because you won't vow to love me and be there for me always?" Layla's voice began to crack and tears started to fill her eyes.

Phil stared at her sympathetically. He just wanted to hold her in his arms and fill her with his kisses. But she was just pushing him away. He looked down feeling defeated. "I love you Layla... and I thought you already knew that." With that, Phil stood up from his kneeling position and started to walk away. Randy who was standing by a tree tried to stop him from going any further, but Phil shoved him away and kept walking. Randy turned and stared at Layla who was wiping her tears away. He ran his hand through his hair and jogged towards her.

"C'mon, let's get you home" Randy said, sticking his hand out for her to take. Layla stared at his hand for the longest time before she took it.

Kelly walked back and forth in her bedroom and kept looking at her phone. She wanted to call Cody and tell him that she was going to Eve's party with Randy but she felt incredibly nervous. Cody was a sweet guy and ever since Randy entered the picture all she's done was avoid him a lot. She felt bad, because he had the biggest crush on her and practically everyone knew. As for Randy and her, not much people knew, or even understood what they had between them. She finally dialed Cody's number and held her phone to her ear. In two rings Cody picked up his phone breathless.

"Hello Kelly" he said quickly.

Kelly wanted to laugh out loud at the way he just said hi to her. But trying not to be rude she returned the same greeting. "Hello Cody."

Cody chuckled and Kelly began to speak again, "So about Eve's party..." she trailed off. She was hoping Cody might catch on and say it before she did, but the line fell silent and she knew she had to do it herself. "Um, well see I sort of decided to go with Randy" she said slowly.

There was silence for a few seconds and then some rumbling noises. She assumed he had switched his phone from one ear to another. "Randy..." Cody said, more than asked.

Kelly nodded even though he wasn't able to see her. "Yeah."

Cody took a deep breath, "Okay. I'll just see you at the party" he said softly. He hung up right after that and suddenly Kelly felt a rush of guilt. She didn't want to upset him, and a part of her wished she could've liked Cody back. It was so hard with Randy around, though. He was a bigger distraction than she hoped.

She picked up her phone and this time nervously dialed Randy's number. The number he had slipped in her pocket a few days ago. A few rings in, he finally answered, "Hey beautiful" he said casually. Kelly felt her breath being taken away. She blushed and looked down to the ground as she began to draw circles on the floor with her toes.

"Hi..." she whispered.

"Something wrong?" Randy asked, concerned.

"No. I... um, called Cody awhile ago."

"Oh."

"I told him I was going to Eve's birthday party with you..." she trailed off.

"So I'll pick you up at 7? Try not to wear something sexy and frustrate me, please" he added.

Kelly giggled and shook her head, "I don't know..."

"You like to tease me, don't you?"

"Goodbye Randy" she said. She pulled her phone away from her ear and hit end. She had the biggest smile on her face. Randy was sweeter and more charming than she had expected. She liked everything about him.