I don't think about you

"Hey Randy" Layla said as she brought the tissue to her cheek. Randy gave her a sympathetic look and walked into her apartment. Layla walked right into Kelly's arms as she began to sob. "I think I made a mistake. Maybe I should stay with him" she started to cry out louder. Randy snapped his head around and frowned at the little scene that was unfolding.

"Why did you guys breakup?" he asked her, still confused. Layla pulled away from Kelly and stared at Randy. More of her mascara was smeared. He realized Layla hadn't even changed out of her clothes from last night.

"We've been together for 6 years and he hasn't asked me to marry him! Forget him. I even asked him and he rejected me twice! He doesn't love me!" she wailed. Randy stared at her, surprised about her theory. He shook his head and chuckled a bit.

"Lay, guys are afraid of these stuff. They're afraid of caring for someone when they shouldn't be. They're afraid of loving and they're afraid of marriage. Throwing it out on him probably scared him. I mean if someone just told me they loved me, it'll take me a long time to have the courage to say it back. It's all about time-"

"So you're saying she should wait another 6 years for him to say how he really feels about marriage?" Kelly snapped.

Randy glanced at Kelly and squinted his eyes. "I never said that. I'm just telling her that guys take a while to express how they feel" he shot back.

Kelly walked in front of Layla, "Pathetic. Maybe Phil doesn't love Layla," she said. This fight was not over Layla and Phil. This was definitely about Randy and Kelly and they both knew that. She glared at him and he shook his head and looked straight into Kelly's sky blue eyes.

"If we love someone we'd do anything to protect them" he said. They didn't take their eyes off each other for a few seconds. Suddenly Randy looked over at Layla, "Just give it some time Lay. He'll come around."

Layla nodded and wiped her tears before walking to her closet. Randy and Kelly stood where they were until Kelly walked away from him. She was getting sick of him already. Randy pulled out his phone. He had several text messages and missed calls. His face turned serious when he saw whom it was from. He looked back at Kelly and Layla who were busy cleaning out Layla's closet, before bringing his attention to his cell phone. "I'll be back" Randy called out to them before he left the apartment.

"Randy made me feel a lot better," Layla whispered.

Kelly snapped her head to face Layla. Now she was mad. "And I didn't?"

"Kel, you said Phil probably doesn't even love me, how could I have hope from that?" she asked.

"Well, if he loved you so much he could just marry you right? I mean there isn't another girl involved right?" Kelly asked back rudely. After a few seconds Layla's lips started to tremble and tears began to form in her eyes. Kelly looked at her and panic washed over her. She didn't know what got into her. She shouldn't have said anything to Layla. "Lay I'm sorry. Please don't cry. I'm sure that's not true and I'm just in a shitty mood right now. I shouldn't have taken it out on you" Kelly said as she pulled Layla in for a hug. Layla continued to cry and Kelly mentally cursed herself.

They finally loaded the last of Layla's boxes in the trunk of her car. Layla closed it and looked at Kelly and then at Randy who was standing behind Kelly. It was already dark at 6:00pm and sort of chilly outside. Layla pulled her sweater closer to her body, "You know you could come back with me to my parents house," she suggested to Kelly. By now all of Layla's makeup had been washed out from the tears she continuously shed. Phil didn't end up even coming by the apartment. Randy was starting to get annoyed with all the crying, and Kelly was just irritated with Randy there.

"I'd love to Lay, but Cody wanted to grab dinner and come back to my place to watch a movie..." she trailed off.

"Cody? You got to be fucking kidding me!" Randy exclaimed. He laughed a bit hard and Kelly immediately turned around to face him. Her hands were on her hips and she was mad. What was he laughing at? Randy stopped laughing and looked at Kelly. He covered his mouth with his hands to control his laughter instead he started snickering. Layla watched on as she sighed deeply and rested against her car.

"What's so funny?" Kelly snapped at him.

Randy chuckled lowly and stuffed his hands in his pockets. He quickly shook his head, "Nothing, it's just... you do know Cody banged almost every chick in college, right?" he asked her, grinning widely.

Kelly pulled in her eyebrows and glared at him for the 100th time today. She was so annoyed with him. "He's changed, you know," she said.

"Yeah..." he trailed off, and then he began to laugh again. He stopped and smiled at Kelly, "Yes! Of course he has changed. He's more mature, and grown, and definitely has good taste in women he'd like to fuck" Randy joked as he looked at Kelly up and down.

Kelly's mouth dropped, "He doesn't want to have sex with me!" she cried out.

Randy scoffed, and walked closer to Kelly. "Because he wants to fuck you. There's a difference between fucking, having sex, and making love, and you..." he trailed off as his fingers lightly brushed the curls hanging in front of Kelly's face, "and you deserve to be made love to" he whispered. His smirk he had plastered on turned into a small smile, and he started to back away before he got into Kelly's car. She watched on shocked as to what just happened. What the hell was going on?

"And you... deserve to be made love to!" Layla said in a romantic tone of voice. Kelly rolled her eyes and faced Layla again. "Oh, he totally likes you" Layla teased.

Kelly shook her head, refusing to believe this. She gave Layla a small tight hug before walking to her car and opening the door.

For the whole ride back to Eve's house, Kelly remained quiet. Occasionally Randy would sing a long to one of the songs on the radios. Kelly's mind filled with the thought of what happened earlier. Randy was too close to her. Way too close. She couldn't even believe what he said. She kept her eyes firmly on the road, avoiding to even be glancing at him. When she finally pulled into Eve's driveway, she looked over at him. "Bye" she said plainly.

Randy raised his eyebrows at her, and nodded his head slowly. "Alright. Have fun on your date with Cody" he said sarcastically.

"I'm not going on a date with him," she said, before she thought about it. She immediately seemed confused at what she said. So, she isn't going to be on the date with Cody then.

Randy smirked and opened the car door, he swung his bag over his shoulder and before he closed the door he said, "I know, because while you're with him, you'll be thinking about me." He shut the car door and waved at her as he headed towards Eve's house.

Kelly's mouth dropped again, "I do not think about you!" she yelled, and then realized he wasn't able to hear her.