Lets go on a date

Eve opened the front door for Randy. He smiled at her and walked past her. Before he could head upstairs Eve called out to him. "Randy, why are you frustrating Kelly?" she asked. Randy chuckled and looked at Eve in shock.

"How did... it didn't even take me a minute to walk up to the house" he said, still confused.

"Well, it only took her a couple of seconds to call and yell at me how you're such a horny bastard" Eve said raising an eyebrow. Randy shook his head as a smile plastered on his face. He didn't know he bothered Kelly so much. "It shouldn't matter who Kelly dates! Cody likes her. Stop trying to ruin this for him" she shot at him.

Randy scoffed, "C'mon Eve you're really going to let your best friend date that tool? Did you forget about college? She doesn't need him," he said.

"And how do you know what she needs?!" Eve asked curiously. Randy's face softened. Certainly Eve didn't know about Kelly liking him back in college. No one did. He began to stutter, when Eve cut him off. "You just met her Randy. Don't try to hit on her. You're going back to New York. Just remember that," Eve said.

Randy turned to walk up the remaining stairs but Eve called his name once again. "Randy, you didn't even tell me what job you're doing. I mean is it okay that you're here for a whole month?" she asked him.

Randy began to open his mouth to explain, but suddenly Mike walked to where they were. "C'mon Eve, can't you tell Randy's a firefighter? Firefighter's only work for one week in a month" Mike said in a matter of factly tone.

Eve looked surprised and she stared up at Randy. He sort of shrugged his shoulders, "Wow Mike, you've become so smart" Randy said sarcastically.

"Well I do own my own business. It's great talking to you fireman," he said before walking back into the living room.

Eve continued to stare at Randy in disbelief. "That's what you left mom and I for?" she asked rolling her eyes. "Wow."

Before Randy could explain further Eve already headed in the direction Mike went off to. Randy sighed and jogged up the stairs. Once he entered the guest bedroom, he took off his socks and threw it in the laundry hamper. He was tired from today. Just 29 more days to go. 29 more days, to finish off what he really came here for. He closed his eyes and rubbed his forehead.

"So you cancelled on Cody because Randy said that Cody only wanted to get into your pants?" Alex asked her. Kelly nodded, and poured herself some coffee. Alex swung by her house at times to eat breakfast before they headed to work. She yawned and took a seat next to Alex. "Sounds like you like him" he said.

"I do not like him. I just think he might have been telling the truth," she said.

Alex laughed, "Seriously Kel?" he asked her.

She shrugged and placed her mug on the counter before grabbing her car keys and phone. "Well its not like I really liked Cody anyways. I think Randy just gave me another reason not to feel so guilty" she grinned.

Alex closed his eyes and threw his head up in defeat. "What happened to second chances?" he asked her.

Kelly let out a deep breath and grabbed his arm as she led him out of her house. "I'm not into Cody. It's been like that for a while. He just keeps crushing on me for no reason" she said.

"No reason? Kelly you're the most beautiful girl. How could no one be crushing on you?" he asked her.

Kelly smiled widely at him, "You aren't though," she said poking his chest.

He lightly winced and rubbed the spot she poked him. "I'm all Eve's" he joked.

She laughed and hugged him before the two parted their ways in their own cars. Kelly was off to work and so was Alex.

Randy stood by his mother's grave. He slowly placed the flowers by it and sighed. "Mom, I wish you were here right now. I'm sorry for everything. You deserved to be happy during the last of your days. I wish I could've told you what I was doing in New York." Randy remained there for a couple of minutes before he started heading out. He spotted Phil's car waiting for him outside the graveyard. He got inside and Phil immediately put the car in drive.

"Hey man, you okay?" Randy asked him.

"I'm fine" Phil said.

"You don't look fine," Randy stated.

"I can win her back. It's not hard. She loves me," he told Randy. After a few minutes of silence, Phil started to glance at Randy. "So why are we going to Kelly's workplace again?" he asked.

Randy shrugged. "Take me there and I'll tell you later" he said.

"Dude I'm not your taxi driver" Phil scoffed. Randy rolled his eyes and leaned back in his seat.

Once they arrived at the building, Randy immediately jumped out of the car. He didn't bother to ask Phil where the office was in that huge building. Instead he walked up to the doorman and asked him if he knew Kelly Blank. The doorman nodded and told Randy where to go and Randy said 'Thanks' before heading the direction.

He got into the elevator and pressed 4. As he waited he began to think if he was doing the right thing. This is what he wanted, right? He took a deep breath and once the elevator opened he walked straight into an office filled with women and very few men. He felt uneasy and out of place. Kelly was a fashion designer. He began to look around the office and suddenly someone whistling jerked his head around. "Hiya hunky, what can I do for ya?" a short woman with a southern Texas accent asked him.

"I'm looking for Kelly Blank," he said nervously. She smiled widely and pointed to a corner. Randy's eyes moved in the direction and it soon laid on Kelly who was busy in whatever she was doing on the laptop. She looked absolutely beautiful with her hair tied back in a ponytail and a short black dress. Randy walked up to her and stood right before Kelly. Kelly's eyes moved up and once she saw Randy, it widened.

"Randy, what are you doing here?" she hissed at him, before looking around.

"I'd like to ask you out" he said.

Kelly stared at him for the longest time. She shook her head and tried to collect her thoughts. "What?" she asked blankly.

"I want to go on a date with you" he said again. He had a crooked smile and his hands were stuffed in his pockets.

"I-" she looked around and sighed. "I don't think-"

"I'm not as lame as Cody, with the whole grabbing dinner. I'd like to take you out. Like out. I'll pick you up at 7 tonight. Have fun at work till' then!" he said as he backed out of the office. Kelly stood up and was starting to call his name, but Randy turned his back on her and walked off.