▪️1 ▪️

"Penny could you please change, I do not feel like hearing your dad's mouth." I waited at the bottom of the steps so me and Penny could go to our nail appointment, and then afterwards meet Keenon for lunch. Time flew by fast she was only 14, and thought she was grown.

She sucked her teeth and went back to her room. "Um don't try it, you would've got slapped back in my day. I'll be at the car, lock up."

While I waited on Penny I checked my phone and I had messages from Layla of course, I made a note to call her back later to see what she wanted. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw someone standing by our driveway and then they quickly walked away. I shook it off but at the same time I was scared, for almost two months I felt like someone was watching me, but I didn't know who would want to watch me, my being stalked days were far past gone. I been through a lot you know, ever since I been with Keenon, and my affair with Odell, God knows I hoped and prayed everyday Penny would never find out about that, and even Keenon he hoped she'd never know what his pass was like, from killing people, selling all types of drugs. I got a chill thinking about it, but I was token out of my thoughts when Penny opened the car door.

"Did you make sure everything was turned off."

"Yes mother, I did."

"What's with this attitude lately." I backed out of our driveway and turned into the street.

"Cause everyone get to where what they wanna wear, why can't I?"

"Cause we going out to eat with your dad later, and if he saw you with those short ass shorts on or coochie cutters as he like to say-"

"He don't say nothing when you wear your shorts."

I laughed, "Oh yes he do, but im grown so he can't tell me what to do."

"Thats not what he told me." She laughed and I jerked my head and glanced at her.

"Let me tell you something about your daddy girl, he think he bad when he around you he be trying to make you think he tell me what to do, honey he is scared of me, you understand." I laughed and looked at her while she laughed

"I hear two different stories all the time, he this, or she th-"

[tires screeching & horn blowing]

I opened my eyes and saw Isaiah sitting on my bed, he smiled that cute smile and I smiled back.

"Im here." He touched my face and when I went to grab his hand I woke up...

"Hey baby, you okay?"

I heard monitors beeping and my heart started racing. Penny, where is she. We were talking and thats all I remember.

"Penny, where is Penny?"

I tried to sit up but I was in pain so I eased myself back down.

"Take it easy Khia, Penny is okay. I'll go get her, and your doctor."

I watched as Keenon put his head out the door and Penny came inside the room with a little scar on her face and a cast on her arm.

"Mom, look I broke my arm."

"Penny let me kiss you, im sorry I let this happen."

"Nothing bad happened, except this maniac smashed us in the back, I hit my head on the door, lets see you hit your head on the steering wheel and I thought you died cause you wouldn't answer me when I called you, so I called 911 and dad."

"Ah, Mrs.Jackson, im glad that your awake. You seemed to have fainted when the accident happened. We do have pictures from the scene if you like to see them.."

"No no, were fine thanks. Will she be able to go home today? Both of them?"

"Oh the little one is okay, just a broken arm, and for you, you just hit your head really hard causing you to faint, but if you feel ok to leave you can, but I wouldn't suggest it."

"Can I talk to my husband first?"

"Yeah, sure take your time."

When the Doctor walked out I got teary eyed.

"Guys, be honest. Do I look ugly? Because my face feels funny. Did it get messed up? Keenon call the plastic surgeon."

Penny laughed but I was being serious, I wasn't about to go in public with a beat up face. I mean we are still pretty known around here.

"Khia, no.. do you think you can go home today?"

"Yeah, I feel alright."

"Alrighty, i'll go get your doctor again."

okay so the first chapter is really whack, I know but do I ever let y'all down, just give me a few more chapters ima get back on my grind.