▪️ 9 ▪️

"Thanks for the ride."

"Thanks for your company."

"You don't have to make it seem like we did anything. We just sat around."

"I mean, I know.. look, what you doing later?"

"Mmm, Im not sure, i'll let you know. But your in the fire lane."

"Oh shit. I'll see you later then."

"Alright." I smiled and he pulled off making his tires screech. I shook my head and rolled my little suit case into the hotel.

"Um, Khia Jackson."

"Uhh...give me one minute."

I waited for the lady to type on her computer and she reached under her desk giving me a key.

"307"

"Thank you."

I headed to the elevator so I can get in my room and possibly take a nap, I haven't been to sleep on the plane, I just don't trust that shit. When I got to my room it was dark, I fumbled around for a light switch, and when I flipped it on I nearly pissed my clothes.

"Isaiah, what the hell are you doing here."

"Making sure your ass don't get in trouble."

"Zay, I appreciate it, but im damn near in my 40's."

"That don't mean shit, Khia. I know you was with that nigga."

I rolled my eyes cause we sounded like how we sounded years ago, him always telling me what to do, just always got his two sense in it.

"Nothing happened, I just needed a place to be until 11."

"Look, your business is your business, but the first wrong thing I see, im cutting that nigga off for you. You can do whatever you wanna do, but ima always he here to protect you."

I felt bad, cause im out here doing shit I was doing when I was a young adult now, here I am again. And this time I got my brother taking up for me. I was full of shit, why nobody told my dumb ass this before. I shrugged it off and threw my purse on the bed, and then I rolled my suitcase to the other side of the room.

"How long you staying up here?"

"3 days hopefully, why?" I crossed my arms and looked at him.

"Because, I wanted to catch up, have some brother sister bonding time, damn you just got on a plane and left me already?"

"Im sorry, business comes first, but we can do that.. whatever it is, you want us to do, but im not paying." I pointed a finger at him and he laughed.

"I got you, I got you."

-

"Im sorry Mrs.Jackson, I was caught up in another meeting, how are you?"

"Im great, and yourself?"

"Im doing fairly well. The other week we spoke about you, and your hair line can you tell me what kind of hair you'd like to sell?"

"Uh, I have some of the hair here with me today."

My meeting with this lady lasted for almost 2 hours, cause this was serious business of course. I was just ready to find a mall honestly, I couldn't leave without nothing, some new clothes, a souvenir maybe, but Isaiah wanted to hang out alll day, so i'd be stuck with him for another 2 days.