▪️ 11 ▪️

Khia

"Dinner's ready." I peaked my head in Penny's room and she nodded and then I went to the guest room to tell Isaiah. He's been with us every since Keenon left and that was three days ago, he hasn't called me, but he called to check on Penny, and when I asked what they talked about she'd simply say nothing.

"Dinner's ready."

Isaiah nodded as well and I started to walk back out but I turned to talk. "Im sorry."

"Why?"

"Im sorry for Keenon, I don't know what's going on with him."

"This is my fault." Isaiah rubbed his temples and I stood in the doorway biting on my bottom lip, I knew he was frustrated, that was something he did when he was frustrated or just agitated.

"Its not your fault, all of this is just a big misunderstanding." I waved my hand in the air and I heard a front door close

"That must be him, excuse me." I closed the guest room door and met Keenon downstairs he looked VERY tired.

"Hey."

"Sup."

I crossed my arms and waited for him to speak cause I knew he was going to break down and tell me a sobby story.

"Can we.. Go to the room."

"I'll follow you." I stepped out of his way and he led the way to the room. When we got there I closed the door and waited for him to speak again.

"Im sorry, I had to clear my mind alright. I didn't mean to leave for three days."

"You didn't mean to? Keenon! Do you hear yourself right now."

"Look man..."  He rubbed his face and I shifted to my other leg.

"I can't talk to your brother, can you get through your head that I shot at him!"

"Keenon, I understand but he's okay! He's not dead alright! Just promise me you'll go somewhere with him one day out of this week and you guys have a good time."

He laid back on the bed with his hands behind his head and didn't respond, Keenon knew how I was, if he didn't do it he was gonna have hell coming for him, I didn't play that shit at all when it came to family, either he was gonna talk on his own or im gonna make him talk.

Keenon

The next week had been a little different, I had planned on to spend the day with Isaiah so we can talk things out just to clear the air. I was getting dressed for the day and the house was so quiet for once. Penny and Khia were out getting their nails done, or going shopping, whatever they were doing today and I was gonna sit around a have a few drinks with Isaiah.

After I was done getting dressed I hopped into my car and drove to the bar that we'd agreed to meet at.

"Can I get you anything sir?"

"Uh, just a Bud Light for now."

"Alright, i'll have that right out."

I waited for Isaiah and my bud light, hell I needed some damn Crown right about now, not a damn beer. But I needed to drive myself home.

"Here's your beer sir."

"Thanks."

As soon as she left I spotted Isaiah and he came to my table, he nodded and so did I.

"Sup."

"Wassup." I sat my beer down and gave him my undivided attention. I felt that I needed to speak first so hell why not take a shot at it.

"First i'd like to say sorry, whatever happened back then its dead to me."

"I could've been dead right?" He chuckled and I could tell he was trying but that shit wasn't cutting it for me.

"Right, so any differences we have lets put it to the side, all that gang shit, lets not even bring that up, we grown men now. So lets act like it."

"I didn't think I got your order, would you like anything to drink?" The same cheery waiter came to our table and Isaiah simply said no.

"But uh, yes I like that idea..and I wanna say, your a good man, thank you for watching my sister man, she all I got, but now im hoping that we can have the same relationship, I mean you are my brother in law."

"Oh yeah, fasho.. I mean once we get to know each other a little better, i'll feel more comfortable ya know." I took a long sip of my beer and Isaiah looked as if he was thinking of something else to ask but I had almost 1,000 questions to ask so why not take the stand.

"Let me ask you something..."

"Yeah?"

"All these years... where you been?"

Guys I updated... but I'm out of town and won't be back until August, and I write from my phone so the chances of having wifi is DEAD 😭 and a nigga not about to use this data cause Verizon be on some other shit, I can't even use google to see what time Mcdonalds close and they be like... YOU USED 90% OF YOUR CELLULAR DATA.

AND I BE LIKE OH HELL NO, so if you got Verizon you know how it is 🙄 but anyway.

Comment/Vote ❤️