Chapter 6: The Plane Ride

We quickly made our way to the airport. Which took a little bit, since our small town doesn't have an airport, and the closest one is 1 hour away. Once we were there we maneuver our way thru the very busy airport. Surprisingly security didn't take long. Soon enough we were sitting on the plain. Scott sat beside me in one row. And Ben and Max in the one behind us.

I sat at the window seat just watching out the window, contemplating the events that just happened in the the past few hours. None of it seemed real. Was it all just a dream?
My thoughts were quickly interrupted by a concerns Scott. "You alright?" He asked. He was the one brother that always seemed to care for everyone. My other brother were nice, but Scott was the one that always seemed to understand me or know when something was up. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just think about what happened." I replied. "I know how you feel. I've been doing that too."  He gave me a side hug and kissed the top of my head. Something triggered in my mind, "I haven't told any of this to Kitt. I totally forgot.!!" I grabbed my iPod touch 5 out of my purse ( I wasn't aloud to have a phone) and tried to connect to the wifi on the plane. Of course it didn't work. "Hey Scott, can I borrow your phone to text Kitt? I can't connect to the Internet on the plane." "Course, love." He replied. Handing me his phone. I loved it when he called me that. It made me feel so.....secure, I don't know how to describe it.
Anyway, I quickly put in Kitts phone number.
(Lauren-L   Kitt- K)
(L- hey Kitt this is Lauren. I'm texting on Scott's phone. I have a lot to tell you.......)

I told her all of what happened during day. I saw tears fall from my eyes onto Scott's phone. I quickly wiped them away before Scott saw them.

I quickly got a response from Kitt.
(K- oh my gosh laura!!!!!! I'm sooooo sorry!! Please tell your fam I'll be praying for y'all!!!!!!!)

After a little bit of talking to Kitt and decided that I should try and sleep a little. I fell asleep quit easily. And I slept most of the trip.
After a while the loudspeaker came on and that suddenly woke me up. I must have jumped when I was woken up, because Scott was snickering. "What???" I asked. "Nothing, nothing.....(he was still smiling though).. Anyway, put on your seatbelt. We're about to land." He said.

I put on my seat belt. And quick looked behind me to see what Ben and Max we're up too. They both had there seat belts on but Max was on his phone, and Ben was just waiting for us to land. He saw me and winked. I winked back.

The pilot came over the loudspeaker again to say we would be landing in few minutes. I felt a tug on my shirt, it was Scott getting me to sit down.

The plane landed quickly and we all got off in a timely manner. And we got our rental car and drove to the hospital as fast as we could. It didn't take us to long to to get into the hospital and find dad (taking into account that we speak different languages). But there were people that did speak English. So once we got to the room. We all paused. Nobody was ready to go in. "Brace your selves guys, dad isn't gonna look like we saw him last week guys...." Then he turned to me and kinda whispered, " Lauren if your not ready to go in yet you don't have too. I can wait out here if you want me to?" He said. Knowing that I might not be ready for this yet. "No, it's okay I'll come in now." I responded quickly.
We knocked and the nurse opened the door. We walked in and once I so saw my dad I knew I wasn't ready to see him. He had cuts and bruises. And he had tubes and stuff sticking out of him.
Scott realized that it scared me, but I wanted to see my dad no matter how he looked.