Chapter 12: Would You Please Stop?!?

The rest of the day enemy quickly and I found myself going to bed.

It felt as though I feel asleep right when I hit the pillow and fall asleep almost immediately, I felt as though I blinked and it was already morning.

I quickly got up and dressed. I headed downstairs looking at the microwave clock. It said 9:30. Scott said he's supposed to be here at 10:00. I see Scott and Ben in the living room eating cereal. I poured mine and joined them.

I finished and put my bowel in the sink. And while I was still in the kitchen the door bell rang. He's here. Why was I so nerves?
I walked out of the kitchen to see Scott talking to a boy who looked to be about 20 or 21. He had brown hair. Green eyes. Not at all geeky looking about the night or Scott. Pretty muscular for somebody who reads books all day.

Scott turns around and sees me. "Lauren, this is Ryan Nerd." He states. I burst out laughing. Seriously, his last name is nerd?! I couldn't control my laughter until Scott sends me a killer glare.
"Oh okay... My name is Lauren." I say still laughing. "Could you excuse me for a second?" I say while turning back into the kitchen.

Scott's P.O.V
Oh.... Okay my names Lauren." Lauren says while still laughing quietly.

"Could you excuse me for a second?" She asked while stepping into the kitchen we hear a loud laugh.
"Sorry bout that. I don't know why she did that." I say.
" it's okay. I get it a lot."
She walks back in. She looks like she was laughing so hard she was crying.

"Okay. Sorry bout that." She says.

Lauren's P.O.V
Okay sorry bout that." I say.
"You ready to get started. " Scott asks sternly.
"Yeah I think so." I say.

We walk into the living room. He sits down and asks to see my report card.
I get up to get it. Why does he need to see that? Well I guess to see what I'm good at and what I'm not.
I grab it off my dresser and hurry down stairs.
"Here you go." I say while handing it to him.
He looks at it for a while before saying, "so your weakest it algebra. I guess we'll start with that.

He seems to talk about algebra for like forever. He starts asking me what level in at.

Okay thi sis getting annoying.
"Would you please stop?!" I ask/yell.
He looks surprised.
"I know I'm bad at algebra you don't have to keep reminding me!" I yell.

"Lauren!" Scott says coming in from the kitchen. He was obviously listening from in there.

"What?!?l I yell at him "I already know I'm doing it wrong! Hose my have to keep reminding me!! I'm just gonna go upstairs and "cool off!!" I say. Putting quotation marks around cool off.
I run upstairs. And flop on my bed.

Scott's P.O.V

She runs upstairs. I can't believe she blew up like that.

"I'm sorry Ryan. I don't know why she did that." I say.

"It's okay. It's happened before. She's just not used to people pointing out her faults. It's fine." He says.

Yeah that sounds like Lauren. "Hold on a sec. I'll go talk to her." I say.
"Scott? Do you mind if I actually talk to her?" Ryan asks.
"Yeah I don't see why not." I say.

Lauren's P.O.V
I hear a knock at the door.
"Stop knocking and go away." I say. I know I'm being rude. But it's not like I was the only one.
"It's me Ryan." Great.

"What do you want." I say.

"Can I come in?" He asks nicely. What's with this guy. If it was Scott or Ben. They already have barged they the door.
"Whatever." I say coldly.

He opens the door and sits on my bed next to me.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to embarrass you or be rude to you. I know what your going through. With your dad and all. This must be hard for you. Being so young." He says so kindly.
Okay the guilt is starting to sink in.
I stare at the floor.
I look up at his kind face.
"It's not your fault. It's mine. I don't mean to be rude. Could we start over?" I ask.
"Course!! I'm Ryan nerd."
I laugh a little.
" and I'm Lauren."
We both smile at each other.