Chapter 11: Tutor

A. N. Hey guys! Sorry I would have updated yesterday, but I've been on vaca the past week and it sorta hard to write when your on vacation. But I have a 12 hour car ride home that I can write till I drop. Or sleep. Lol.
Goodbye minions!! (Ps I only said that cuz I just watched that movie again.)

(Re-cap)
We get home, just for me to open the door to see a wide eyed, mouth open Scott.

Ug he must have gotten a call from mr. Sanchez. I forgot about that.
(End of recap)

Lauren's P.O.V

I stand there not sure what to do. Scott's just sitting there, "gobsmacked."

"Okay, well hi Scott, I'm gonna be in my room." I say quickly and try to scurry up the stairs before.... "E'S AND F'S?!?!? You were always an A student??!!!" Scott yells/asks. "Yeah, well algebra is hard, and that's what's calculators are for, and we have google maps and YouTube! I mean what else do we need in life?" I say. He sighs and says. "You don't really believe that? What's really wrong?" Scott asked

Scott is one of those brothers that might yell for a moment but can see thru you to what's really going on.

"I'm just... Not very good at school anymore. I used to be really good, but the highest I've gotten on a test lately is 65%." I state.
Why haven't you told me? Or why hasn't your teachers called?"
"I told them I would do better, and they didn't want to call, because of what happened with dad. But now that I haven't been doing better, he said he talked to the other teachers and I should get a tutor. I don't want a tutor Scott!!! Everyone will make fun of me!!! Not that they don't already." I say, the last sentence almost in a whisper.
"We can find somebody to come to the house! It's okay....what what Do you say? Do people make fun of you?"he asks in a concerned voice.

"No. Not really. Just Sophie. She can get on my nerves. But it's okay. Max actually helped with that." I say turning to max, whose still in the doorway. I flash a grateful smile at him.
He smiles back. Which is unusual. He normally isn't smiling kindly. More like smirking rudely. But it seems max is getting kinder.
I turn back to Scott. "Do you know any tutors who could come here?" I ask doubting he knows anyone.
But he returns with a smile. "Yeah, actually I do. A friend from college. I text him and see if he can." He walks away.

I turn back to max.
"Lauren, I know I fight a lot with you, and I'm sure you get annoyed. But I wonder if you could forgive me for all I've said to you. Seeing Sophia make fun of you today, kinda made me think that I'm like Sophia to you. I was wandering if you would forgive me? Would you let me be your big brother again?" Max asks.
I stand there shocked. I start to cry. I've always dreamed he would say that. "I forgive you max!" I say giving him a hug that probably suffocated him.
I finally let go of him, after what seemed like forever. "Thanks so much max." I say. "No, thank you laur." He says.

Scott's P.O.V
She seemed so devastated about the whole tutor thing. Would kids really make fun of her? Have kids gotten that more mean since I was in middle school?
I find my phone and immediately text Ryan. He's a classmate from college that I became pretty good friends with.

(S-Scott, R-Ryan)

S- Hey Ryan! I know you sometimes tutor kids in your free time. Do you still do that?

He gets back pretty quickly.

R- hey Scott! Course I do! Why ya need help?😂😂

S- haha! No, actually my lil sis needs some help. She was always a straight A student, but her last report card was pretty bad. The school said she needs a tutor. Do you think you could help out?

R- course! I'd love to! When do you want me to come over?

S- could you come over tomorrow? I know it's short notice.

R- actually tomorrow works out how bout around 10am, since it's Saturday I can get over there early.

S- yeah that works out great! C you then.

R- ttyl
----------------------------------------------
Lauren's P.O.V
I'm sitting here watching Disney channel, sorta bored.
Scott walks over to me, with a big smile on his face. It actually kinda creepy. I start to laugh.
"What are you laughing about?" He asks.
"Nothing. Just your smile is so big it's kinda creepy." I say while laughing.
"Oh I don't realize I was smiling. Anyway my friend agreed to tutor you. He's coming tomorrow to meet you."

My laughing quickly fades.
"Oh, I haven't meet him?" I ask. Oh please don't be some geek with big glasses!
I must have said that out loud cause Scott said I was being rude. And to be nice to him tomorrow.

Oh I hope this goes well tomorrow.