Chapter 3. The Rejection

GAVIN

What the hell is wrong with my body? I tried to move and stretch but I couldn't move that much. Why does it ache so much? I slowly opened my eyes and flinched at the bright light. "Ow!"

I hit my head against something... or someone. "What the hell?" My eyes widened and I froze. I sat up and slowly turned my head towards the person next to me. He was slowly sitting up, rubbing his eyes out. We finally looked at each other and just stared.

I looked at him from head to toe and he did the same. Then boom, "WHAT THE FUCK?!" We both tried to get away from each other but that wasn't a very easy thing to do as we were under thick duvets.

"What are you doing here? Who are you? You're in my private chambers!" Private chambers... chambers... who the fuck says chambers it's a room! "Excuse you, why are you yelling at me when you-"

Images from last night started flooding in through my head and I froze. Palace... party... spiked drinks... room... man... "Mine." Wait prince's birthday, private chambers. Oh my gosh.

"Prince Calvin?" The guy looked at me even weirder. "Oh now you noticed? Okay you know what, we just woke up and were just here yelling at each other. Let's talk calmly, I-" He suddenly paused and stopped his sentence.

He closed his eyes and let out a big breath. "You smell... nice." He opened his eyes and they were that golden red colour once again. His eyes diverted towards my neck and he growled. I brought my fingers up to where he was staring and felt a mark.

Hold on. Mine. The mark. Growling? Good lord.

"You're my mate." I don't know whether or not be offended with his expression. I honestly don't feel anything strong and just plain attraction but that's it. "I don't really know what to say but, that expression is actually quite offensive."

He was still frozen and he fell on his back. "I'm sorry... I'm just... how old are you?" He was looking at me so worriedly I just had to respond back. "I'm 17, turning 18 at the end of the year. Why?"

"You can't even feel the bond yet. A male mate, this is something new. Daniel was right, oh my gosh. How are people going to react to this, would this be possible? Oh my gosh." What the hell is going on right now. Okay so we're mates, isn't that good?

"I'm sorry, we don't even know each other. I don't think you should be judging me and already thinking of me as a bad mate." I said in an irritated voice. He panicked and tried to clear it up. "No, I apologise. I'm the prince, the only one, I'm supposed to be giving an heir to the throne. How can I possibly do that with a male mate?"

Oh so this is what it's all about? Freaking heirs? I don't know what's going on but my heart and wolf is actually hurting out. My wolf whimpered which made me even more pissed. He must've heard it as he looked towards me straight away.

"No please, don't be sad, my wolf is not happy about that. I'm so sorry but what am I going to do? Does that mean I can't give a future successor to the throne?" He was about to say something but he was cut off with a knock on the door.

"Prince Calvin, are you awake?" He looked towards the door and stood up right away. He started putting in some clothes and I decided to do the same. He looked around for a moment and pushed me towards the bathroom. "I'm sorry but stay here. Please."

He closed the door and I scoffed. So this is how a prince treats his mate huh? Well aren't I a lucky person.

"Hey Calvin. Where were you last night, I didn't see you and the gang really missed you. Why weren't you at your own party?" I tried to eavesdrop and listen to this conversation he was having with this girl.

Who the hell is she? They talked for more until there was a moment of silence. "Is someone else in here?" Oh fudge nuggets. "What do you mean? I'm the only one here." I heard soft footsteps walking around the room until it stopped once again. "Must be something else. But anyway there's one thing I wanna ask you." I leaned in even closer and waited.

"Have you found your mate yet? I mean that was one of the main reasons as to why we had that huge party." Please say yes. I honestly don't care that much as he seems to not like me and I never really did anticipate for a mate that much but my wolf. And just... another person in me just wants to hear him say 'Yeah, I actually found him."

But no. It didn't. "Uh... no. No, of course not." Ouch. That hurts. Literally.

My chest clenched and I put my hand against it as if that would help prevent anything. I heard the door close outside which probably meant she's gone. I felt my eyes water and I just wanted to scream at my wolf. Why is he being like this? Calm down, this is happening to fast, why are you already crying?

He's the prince for goodness sake of course he'd need a female mate. Why am I being affected by this so much? I felt something drop against my leg and I looked up and saw myself in the mirror slightly crying. Stop, I need to stop.

"Um... you in there?" I breathed in and calmed myself down. I see how this is. "I'm here." I opened the door and faced the prince, now my mate who doesn't even want me. "I'm sorry about that."

"It's okay, and please stop apologising when you don't even mean it." He looked at me confused but I just smiled. "I know I can't feel it yet but my wolf is already showing some signs that he does. You don't want me don't you?" He looked taken back, lost as if he doesn't know what to do. Sure he's 18, but that's not that old either.

"Look, I didn't-" I raised my hand up and stopped him from talking. "Please just answer the question. You wish that you have a female mate right? Instead of me right now?" He sighed and cleared his throat, not saying anything.

"Well you know what, I don't want you too. I can't believe you don't want me already just because of the fact that I won't be able to provide for you. So that's just how it is? I'm actually happy I don't feel anything yet cause if I did I would be worse than this. But your making my wolf hurt so fuck you. You're a coward and can't even hand some opinions of other people? What kind of prince are you-"

He growled at me and I had no choice but submitted right away. "HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME THAT WAY!" I looked up and noticed his eyes. Based on this and his voice I can say that this was not him. It was his alpha wolf talking.

"You know what I didn't want to be straight and abrupt about it but since you keep forcing it then yes, I didn't expect my mate to be male and it would have been better if you were female. I'm not gonna tolerate someone who speaks against my title, calling me a coward prince. You know what, forget this."

I looked up at him again with worry in my eyes, not knowing what else is going to come next. "I, Prince and Alpha Calvin, reject you beta wolf as my mate."

Before you know it, I was screaming in pain and fell into darkness.

**********

I'm sorry if this wasn't that good I just decided to write it in one go so I won't change it and take longer to upload. I hope this was fine and that you enjoyed it.

Again I'll make sure I'll make this book better, write better, and correct my mistakes in the future.

I hope you VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW! Thank you again and I promise you better chapters. Thank you!

~Strykly