Chapter 11. The Long Awaited Meeting

CALVIN

"He's waking up!" I heard someone say. I slowly opened my eyes while groaning at the weird pain I'm feeling. What's going on? "Calvin, oh you're awake." I heard my mom's relieved voice say. I open my eyes widely and blinked a couple times to get used to the light. "Mom? Wait, what's going on?" I asked confused, sitting up with the help of one of the nurses by me. "You don't know? Son, you pretty much woke up your whole wing in the palace when you just shifted out of nowhere and jumped out the window last night. We had guards chasing after you and I had to put you down myself."

My dad chasing my uncontrolled wolf in the middle of the night. The King had to tackle me down to calm me down. What the hell? I heard Cadmus growl quietly and everything suddenly came back. The baby. The pup in my dream. Then Cadmus howled and just took over when I woke up. "Are you okay Calvin?" I heard my mom ask. I look up to see their worried glances and I nodded my head giving them a smile to reassure them I'm fine. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just feel a bit tired. I'm sorry about that, I'll make sure to apologise to people I have to for my actions." My dad nodded his head approvingly and looked at his watch.

"I'm sorry but I have to go. I need to be in a meeting in 10 with the Council. Rest up Calvin, you got us worried then. If you have any problems, you can talk to us." My dad looked at me dead serious in the eye and I nodded. "Yeah, thanks dad." He gave my mom a kiss on the cheek and he walked out the room with some of his betas. I look around and see that I'm in my own medical room in the palace. We have our clinic in the palace and a few private bedrooms for any emergency. Everything else that's more serious is sent to the hospital.

"Hey, mom you can go and rest up. I actually already feel a lot better. My cuts are pretty much healed now. You don't have to worry." I have to get everyone out, I need to talk to Cadmus. "Okay. I'll let you be since you obviously already want me out the room. Rest up and don't do that again. You scared everyone last night." She said with a stern face and voice. I nodded once more and she looked at me one last time before leaving the room with her personal staff.

"Um, if you're all done, you're all excused as well." I told the doctor and 2 nurses by her. They all bowed their heads and left the room leaving me alone to be able to do what I need. I closed my eyes and focused to have all my attention on my wolf. "Cad, what was that all about?" I asked my other self in my mind. "You never do that...and the dream. The baby, that totally meant something right?" He ignored me for a bit before opening his eyes and looking straight at me. His eyes glowed bright gold and my eyes widened with what he said next. "Your baby, my pup."

The baby in the dream...is real. "Wait, so what Daniel said a month ago. About how if we got our mate pregnant he would've been five months pregnant. So he gave birth to my child." I said with a soft voice, realising everything. Oh my god. "Our rejected mate and both of your child. We should have been there when my pup and your son was born and help our mate who would've been in so much pain but no." He sighed and growled out of frustration. "I can't believe I wasn't there. I pretty much knew it all along but this just clarified everything."

I have a child. A son. The heir to the throne. We've made him on that night. "Wait a minute, we didn't even finalise our mating then, I didn't mark him! And why didn't the pack say anything? Him being one of the rare males that can carry, didn't that ring any bells for people around? Ugh, why did I not know that those in higher positions can have a baby easier than normal gay couples before? It's never happened in the royal family. Wait, he just didn't say anything this past 6 months. He's pretty much kidnapping the prince." Cadmus wasn't very happy about the last thing and he growled very loudly and I flashed my eyes as well.

Talk about internal conflicts.

"Stupid fool! What do you mean he's kidnapping the prince. How thick are you? It's not like he can just come up here and say 'I'm pregnant' when you rejected him dumbass! He has the right to take the child away. We rejected him, we don't have the right to easily claim them. We're going to work for it. And you, you better not do anything stupid. I'm going to make up with my mate and help raising my pup. It's your fault for not paying attention in school." I groaned at Cadmus and sat down in defeat. I guess I really am just a stupid childish person. "Not all the time, just with handling your mate you are." I glared at Cadmus and looked down at my hands.