Chapter 20. The Truth Is Out (Part 2)

Guys be honest, does this book progress really slowly?? I hope I don't bore you out because I guess it is already chapter 20 and for most stories it's already like reaching some kind of big twist or something cool or whatever. How you all stick.

Gavin~

Since the events of last night, I wasn't really able to sleep properly. Calvin and I still slept in the same bed but he had his back facing me and was on the edge of the other side. I couldn't help but worry about him, constantly looking at him. He knows it. I'm pretty sure the glances and stares I was giving him weren't that hard to...notice. I knew he was awake and was thinking deeply about stuff but I kept quiet and stayed in my space. He did fall asleep before me.

God knows where he is now. Probably in his father's office talking about...this situation that's going on between us. I just hope nothing crazy will happen. Finger's crossed. I just woke up with him not by me and decided to go out at the garden for some fresh air with Kai.

"How's my little Prince?" I cooed at Kaisen. He stared up at me, still having his main focus on the bottle of milk he's currently drinking. I smiled at him and caressed his hair. "Gavin?" Without noticing anyone walking by, I stood up quickly when the Queen herself was standing in front of me. I bowed my head and felt her hand on my shoulder. I slowly looked up to meet her in the eye. "It's fine. Please sit." I let her sit on the bench first and followed after. It isn't the most comfortable situation and it is quite awkward.

"He's growing fast isn't he?" She asked while looking fondly at her grandson. I nodded my head and cleared my throat. "Yeah, he's been eating a lot more lately. He's definitely getting heavier and Calvin actually does a perfect job with getting him to sleep after a feeding. My arms get tired quicker and he's always there to take over..." I finished off quietly. Nobody said a word after and I stayed quiet and focused on Kai not really knowing what to do.

"Gavin, tell me. Is my son forcing you to do this?" My head turned so quickly my neck actually felt a bit of pain afterwards. "I'm sorry?" I asked. She didn't look at me only straight ahead with a worried look on her face. "This whole thing. Being happy here with him, I mean even staying with him in general. I can't imagine what you've gone through after...rejecting you. I'm asking if he's making you stay here with him and forcing you to do so when you don't want to be around him. You two have lied about the reality of what's going on. I just want to know if even this is fake."

She finally turned to look back at me, still wearing that sad and worried expression. I shook my head in denial. "No, no. Of course not. Calvin, Prince Calvin isn't making me stay here just because. The two of us...we've talked. Talked about the situation: Kaisen, my pack, the Royal family, and..." She raised her eyebrow not in a rude questioning way but more of an encouragement for me to continue. "...our relationship. You know the stuff with Kai and us is important. Stuff about...our family." I ended softly.

I heard her laugh softly. "That's nice to hear. I'm glad that at least he's not being a bad person and adding more to the stuff he's done. Good for you two to have these things sorted out, at least these things. I was really nervous thinking that he's forcing you to do this just to save himself or something." I smiled a little and shook my head again. "What he's done to me is something and is just one of the worse things you can do to us wolves. There's no doubt about that but for Kaisen, we just have to deal with it like grown ups and put him first.

Calvin hasn't anything done wrong, lately at least. He came to me, tried to get my forgiveness which we both have already talked about. He needs to work for it, just cause he is my Prince, I won't just go back to him that easily." I looked at her to see what her opinion is on my statement and was relieved to see her nodding her head in understanding. "He's been an amazing parent to Kaisen, there's no doubt about that and he also has been working hard and just trying to make me feel comfortable about everything. I don't want you to think that your son is horrible. In all honesty, the only thing he's done against me is just...the rejection.