Chapter 18. The Young Prince

Gavin~

Well, that went...well? Calvin had offered for all of us to travel later so that we can get back to the capital late at night and avoid talking to his parents as much as possible. That is a really bad idea and I don't want them to think badly of us and get that hint of what we're actually feeling but nonetheless it is bad and so I declined the offer.

I honestly don't know if I should have or not. Before the King and Queen left our land we did have a meal with them along with my family to bond and get to know each other. It was awkward to say the least with those two not knowing the truth and my father trying to keep calm as much as possible hearing that Calvin's parents don't know shit. He didn't have much of a choice but to sit still though. Sad but true.

His mother was nice and promised to cook for me and her son which she had done. As we got in the palace, we were led to our rooms and in a smaller private dining hall for the royal family instead of those big ones that lie around in different parts of the palace. It made things more...normal and homey. I can't even feel calm knowing that Calvin would be telling them the truth soon. I just don't know how they'll react to the real story and us along with my whole pack lying. Can you imagine?

"Your mom's an amazing cook." Calvin lifted his head up and smiled up at me. "Yeah, she is amazing. You should try the stuff she bakes. Pure perfection." He smiled throughout the whole time he talked about his mother's skills in culinary and I can't help but just smile and listen. Watching him talk this casually with me about these personal things while holding Kai makes everything feel so domestic. As if we're actually a regular couple with no problems. Except you know, our situation contradicts every single thing in that statement.

"There we go, my cute little pup." He whispered as he placed Kai in his crib. He brushed his hair off one more time before turning back around and looking at me. The only room in this huge ass room was coming from a lamp from the bedside table. He and I looked around trying to avoid each other's gaze and cleared our throats. By the way we aren't in his room because...well I don't really wanna be there at this moment. Bad memories...just bad memories. His parents were confused as hell when Calvin said we'd stay in a guest bedroom instead of his room after seeing me react awkwardly when they tried showing me his room.

Trust me I know where his room is. Heck I walked there when I was drunk and not fully conscious.

We came up with just a bunch of stupid and random reasons which the queen offered solutions to but seeing that we just didn't want to, she gave up and let us be. Thank god. Didn't really think much about the sleeping arrangements though we did kind of already knew this was going to happen. "Umm...if you want I can just sle-" He was cut off when someone knocked on the door and I am not complaining. He gave me one last look before walking to answer the door. I saw a middle aged man at the door who made eye contact with me and continued to whisper something to Calvin. Cal nodded and closed the door.

"My dad apparently wants to talk to me. So I'm just going to go for a bit. I don't know how long it'll be so you can go to sleep. Use the bed. I can sleep somewhere else." He gave me one last smile before leaving. Hmm. Interesting. I look down at the bed and scoffed. This bed is huge enough where both of us can sleep here with still not coming in contact with one another. How many people can you fit in this thing? I sat down and watched Kai from my position when a slight scent of foul odour hit my nose. I leaned forward and tried to see if the smell was from Kai but it wasn't. I looked down and sniffed my shirt and bingo!

I need to take a shower.

That was relaxing. I hang my towel in one of the chairs and looked out the big window and up at the bright moon. I hope things get better and settled soon. Smiling up at the moon I headed towards Kai and made sure the baby monitor was working properly. I had the other device in my pocket as I wanted to go out and 'explore' for a bit. Calvin's not back and I just want to look around. I'm sure everyone knows me in here so they won't kill me when they find me lurking around the palace. Right? I'll survive.