Chapter 21. Meeting Old Acquaintances

Gavin~

Well, who would have thought the King would be one to intervene into a...complicated relationship. Definitely not me. Then again, maybe it's because it's his son's relationship and you know, it's very important considering the fact Calvin is the prince and this will be publicised one day at one point in life. No big deal.

"How about maybe you two's relationship are just so weird and stupid that even the King himself had to get involved cause it's just so...awkward between you two when we know, you're both into each other." -Strykly (he obviously doesn't know this but come on. I write this and even I get frustrated. Imagine having friends or being surrounded by a couple like this.)

"So, that was interesting." I brought up. Calvin coughed and nodded his head. Way to break the awkward silence. "Yeah, didn't really think my dad would actually do such a thing on purpose." He laughed uncomfortably then went back to silence. Same here buddy. "We've already had our own conversation about this so we don't really have to go over what you just heard...right?" He asked slowly and unsurely which I nodded my head to. "Yeah, don't worry. I...know. I mean sure I've never heard it like that before but, uh, yeah. I understand." I gave him a small smile and he nodded his head.

There's no use lying and saying that him saying those words are really different though. It just feels like a lot more. I don't know anymore. "So, did your dad say anything else though? Something that I should know and be concerned about?" I asked him. Seeing him shake his head made me relieved but my curiosity perked up even more. "So what did you guys talk about?" I leaned forward being extremely curious. "I explained everything to him, he asked what I was thinking and feeling through out the whole time period, my current situation, things regarding the throne."

Things regarding the throne? Oh no. "Calvin, don't tell me he's like taking it away from you." I asked in a panicked voice. I was reassured when he laughed and shook his head once again. "No you don't have to worry about that. Things are fine but he did talk to me about being more responsible and taking actions with a reasonable thought behind it. Just a lot of stuff that you really don't have to worry about. Thanks for that too, for worrying. I don't even deserve that given the situation." I looked down and started playing with my hands.

How can I possibly not worry, it's you we're talking about.

Something stirred within me and I suddenly felt weird and fidgety. What's this? "It's fine. I talked to your mom too. Guess you can say the conversation was similar. How things are with Kaisen and our current relationship. Your mother's a really great woman." He gave me a small but meaningful smile and I couldn't help but smile back. There's no lie behind that sentence at all. "Yeah, she's great." The uneasy feeling in me grew and I moved around my seat.

I was about to say something when I heard frantic footsteps coming up the door. I can tell Calvin noticed it too cause he stood  up right away. The door slammed open and Leon came in panting. "Leon, what the heck's wrong with you?" Calvin asked. He was trying to speak while catching his breath which is not working very well. He has this look on his face that  made me feel anxious. "Kaisen...Kai's sick. I don't know but there's something wrong with him." He finally stood up only to watch myself and Calvin bolt out the room.

My parental instincts both human and animal was fully awake and only now I realised what that was for. I shouldn't have left it. "Where's Kaisen?" Calvin asked. I was about to say back in the garden with his grandmother but chances by now he's not there. I stopped in my tracks when my son's scent hit my nose. "That way." Calvin said running towards the direction, sensing Kai just as I did.

I turned around to see Leon finally catching up and after a couple of turns and running up the stairs we all emerged through a set of double doors. Everyone in the room's attention went to us and we marched towards his parents to ask what's going on. That's when Timothy came up to me with this worried look on his face. "Gav, I'm so sorry this is all my fault." He grabbed my hands squeezing it tight and I gave him a confused look. "What? What do you mean it's your fault?" He was about to start speaking when Calvin growled and turned him around roughly.