Chapter 10. Surprise?

GAVIN

I'm finally home with my baby boy and the nursery that was set up by the gang months before this baby was born is finally being used. My friends have been amazing and perfect to say the least. They're all so gentle and as perfect as I thought they were going to be towards my baby.

My baby Kaisen. Kaisen Chase a.k.a Kai a.k.a Casey. It's only been a couple days but everyone's already made nicknames so.

(Exo or JustKiddingFilms/News/Party references...No? Ok, just kidding)

I was very cautious about what to write on the birth certificate to say the least. I decided to put my last name on him and only put my name on his birth certificate as his other father doesn't seem like he's going to be taking part in our lives anytime soon. Or ever. We still have to go back home which I am still dreading because come on, look at my situation. I'm actually happy that I didn't have to give birth to my angel back at home. Again, the doctor could have been Tiff and Tim's mom so they can help with the whole hiding shit but someone would've questioned it after looking at the birth certificate.

Everyone would've questioned in the hospital or the government agency that would've taken care of it. Why is there only one name of the guardian? Wait, a male gave birth to the baby? It's from the powerful and upper class? Who would do such a thing to leave their mate and baby behind? Scandal, scandal, scandal!

Just thinking about all these different possibilities is giving me a headache. I'm quite lucky that the whole baby crying and being 'allergic to sleep' hasn't much occurred yet. Maybe in a couple weeks? I don't know, the only big 'problem' is that he poops quite a lot and often but I guess that is quite natural with newborn babies. It stinks. I love my child and some people say they find their baby's poop cute or whatever but not for me.

I love you son but your shit stinks like hell.

I've been sleeping with him the whole time so it's either we sleep in my room or we sleep in the nursery that now has a couch that can turn into a bed. "Gavin, Gavin, wake up!" I opened my eyes easily as I wasn't really in a deep slumber. "What's wrong?" I asked Geneva and she only gave me a slight smile and handed me her phone. "You weren't picking up your phone so your parents called me. Here." I looked at the phone then back at her.

I grabbed the phone and cleared my voice, standing up to go outside. "Watch him for me." I mouthed and she gave me as smile. I closed the door behind me and focused on my parents who's on the line. "Hey mom, dad." I heard both my parents who both decided to talk, or yell should I say, at the same time. "Okay, calm down. Can you talk separately? And don't yell you're gonna make me lose my hearing." I said with a small laugh trying to lighten the mood. "Gavin Wille! You haven't contacted us in like 3 weeks and you didn't even call back when we said you all need to come back home."

I continued to listen to my mom rant and lecture me about the purpose of cell phones and how worried she was. I guess I've been too occupied this past few weeks I did forget to check in on them. "Sorry mom. Hey, at least we'll be home in a couple days. 3 days. That's good, so don't worry too much." I reassured her but I think I need to reassure myself more as I keep feeling nervous. How the hell do I break it down to them about Kai? Just then he made his presence known when he suddenly cried out and thank god the door was close and I'm not that nearby. But it was still enough to be heard by my parents. Weirdly.

"Was that a baby? Why are you guys with a baby? Who in their right minds would trust and put responsibility to take care of a baby on you kids?" I scrunch my face up at my dad's words. I can't blame him completely though, no one should entrust us with a child. Well, at least a couple months ago. Now it's different since it is my baby. "Umm...yeah, we're being paid by our...neighbour to babysit their kid. They had to...take their toddler to the hospital urgently." Smooth Gavin. Am I right?