Chapter 27. The Calm Before the Storm

Gavin~

I closed my eyes feeling tired from all the activities and talking I've done with my friends earlier today that I didn't even notice I stopped patting Kaisen until he whined next to me. Forcing myself to wake up, I continued to lull him back to sleep when Calvin walked in the room. My nose twitched as I smelt the worry and anxiety coming out of him. I focused on him with a worried look and he gave me a smile that didn't help with reassuring me at all. "Hey, how was your day?" He asked as he walked towards the other side of the bed. He climbed up slowly and kissed Kaisen in the head then mines after. "It was good. I hanged out with the gang and it felt like we went back in the past. It was fun. You?"

His sigh and smile worried me and my wolf felt uneasy. He has been a bit busier these past two days. Always doing something important with Daniel and looking tired when he gets back to our room. "Tiring but we've got more stuff than today than the past couple of days. I'm really sorry I haven't been that free, I promise it's for our family." I nodded my head and softly patted his cheek. "Get changed and come to bed. We all need the rest." He got up while cracking his hip and I frowned as I watch him walk towards the bathroom. "Where's my phone?" I muttered to myself. There it is. I grabbed it from under the pillow and quickly pressed on Timothy's name.

"Hey do you happen to know what Daniel and Calvin have been up to lately? Calvin looks drained every time he comes back." I pressed the 'send' button and let out a sigh. I played with Kai's hair and felt my phone buzz not even a second later. "Nope. It's the same with Dan, he doesn't like to talk about it and just snuggles the fuck out of me when he gets back." Hmm, even Daniel gets tired. But what they're doing doesn't seem to be physical but more...mentally tiring. The bathroom door opened and I watch Calvin walk out in grey sweats and a worn out black shirt. "I'm ready to sleep." He plopped down right next to Kaisen and put his nose on Kai's head inhaling his scent. "My baby." He murmured and closed his eyes.

As much as I want him to rest, I don't want to continue not knowing what the hell is going on. I leaned forward and took Kaisen into my arms making Calvin look up in confusion. I got up and walked to other side of the room where a door is connecting the room next to us which is now Kai's room. Placing a gentle kiss on his forehead, I smiled as he showed his cute little smile and put him down on his crib. I turned to walk back and focused my attention back to Calvin. "He was fine here." He whispered still looking confused. I scooted right next to him and stared down at his sleeping face. "Calvin, I know your tired but I can't keep ignoring the fact that you're always coming back like this so late at night. Do you want to tell me what's going on?" He looked at me in the eye and it seemed like he was having an internal conflict before he let out a massive sigh and ran his hand through his hair.

He sat up and moved our bodies so we were face to face before he started talking. "The council wants to reveal our family to the public." My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open at the news. I knew this day was going to come but I guess I've been ignoring it for too long. "I know, I know. When my dad first told me, it sounded really bad, too forced and I didn't like the feeling I got about this whole thing. I have nothing to be ashamed of about our family and yes we are still young but I'm proud of you for everything but I just wanted to deal with some things on my own before we do this so we can do the whole introduction based on my dad and I's terms and not the councils. I've been working hard with Daniel and I do feel sorry for Timothy and of course for hiding this to you..." He let out a sigh again and I couldn't help myself as I grabbed his face and pressed my lips against his.

I instantly felt his body relax and eyes close as he kissed me back. Before things got a little out of hand, I pulled away and ignored the heat that covered my whole face and his whine. "You should have told me and I could have done something with you. I don't know anything about this whole politics and formal thing but if I knew I could have took some of the stress and not let you have all of it. You got me really worried and I'm thankful for what you're doing but do remember. I'm here. We're good now and we promised to be together so that means sharing all the problems and stress together. Okay?" He licked his lips as he looked down and nodded. "Yeah, I'm sorry." I shook my head and allowed him to embrace me as I relax against his body.