Chapter 23. Unexpected Events

Happy New Year everyone! Sorry this took long but I hope you like it ~

Gavin~

Oh god, oh god, oh god. I'm gonna die.

I put Kaisen down on his crib, finally being out of the clinic and back in our rooms. I laid him down gently and snatched my phone dialling my two favourite girls. "What's up lover boy?" I grinned at Tiffany's voice and quickly explained the situation. "Tiff, I need help. Calvin just asked me out on a date. Like a dinner date." I heard her choke on the other line and I look at it weirdly. "You okay there?" I asked genuinely worried. "Yeah, yeah. Oh my god you two are finally getting a move on. About freaking time."

I rolled my eyes at her and looked back at Kaisen. "Yeah, I don't really know what to do though. I would have called your brother over but he's actually out with Daniel and his family. Is Geneva there?" I actually haven't called my other friends out back home as these last few days of being in the palace have been...interestingly busy and occupying. "She's in the bathroom. Tell me more about what you two are doing, I'll get some stuff with Geneva and help you." My face broke into a huge grin and I couldn't feel any luckier.

"You two are the best."

About 15 minutes later I decided to Skype with the two, showing them my closet which wasn't necessary as both of them already know my closet very well. Now after an hour and a half of preparations, I'm all ready. "Do I look good Tim?" I asked nervously. Timothy smiled behind and petted my shoulder. "You look good Gavin. Plus let's be honest, we all know that whatever you wear, Calvin will probably drool over you anyways."

I couldn't help but smile at that with my face flushing a bit. Timothy gave me another genuine smile and put his hand on my shoulder. "I'm happy for both of you. Really, we all are. Things haven't been easy for the two of you, especially you, and you should never forget those bad days. But, at the same time you two have been getting closer and it's great that you're finally moving a bit forward." I hugged Tim and took in my pack mate's scent. "Thanks man. I appreciate it. Both the speech and keeping an eye on Kai."

He nodded his head and Daniel came back in with Kai in his arms. "I hope you two have fun tonight." I smiled at him and gave the couple a final goodbye before heading out. Our date is just at one of the palace gardens. It's private and romantic which I'm totally into. I mean don't you think it's cute? It's simple and does show his effort.

I walk down through the halls and greeted back all the staff that walked by. I finally found one of the doors that lead to the location and with a nervous heart, I opened it and my smile dropped a bit as I see Calvin with another person. A girl. A girl that seems familiar. They were a bit far away but the wind blew towards my direction and I caught a small whiff of her scent. Then it hit me. It's that girl. That Leslie girl, I've never seen her before but it's definitely the one from that morning.

Looking at the two of them share a laugh makes me feel a bit...insecure? I stared at her and noticed how pretty her blonde hair was. She's tall, seems like a perfect height for Calvin and even though I can't see her clearly, her big smile was gorgeous. Shifting my eyes towards Calvin, I see him grin at her and my heart did something weird again. I look down and took in a big breathe. "It's nothing Gavin, he said there's nothing going on. Plus you two aren't even together and your already being weirdly possessive. It's fine and-"

I suddenly hear Calvin's big laugh from where I stood and see her touching him as his head is thrown back from laughing. I turn around and was about to close the door when I bumped into someone. "Woah, whatcha doing Gavin?" I look up to see Leon staring at me with his eyebrows raised in questioning. "Uhh I was gonna go get something." I tried to move away from him but he caught my shoulder and pulled me back in front of him. The kid seems to have grown taller again. I noticed him staring out the window, looking at the two outside.