Chapter 19. The Truth is Out (Part 1)

Gavin~

"I-I...Calvin I ju-" Not knowing what to honestly say, I stared at his eager eyes and watch them desperately wait for an answer. "Calvin...you and I, we'll always be connected to one another. You're my mate...well ex-mate. You're my son's father, other father and you are my Prince and future King. In a way, you do have me. I'm your son's other father, your citizen...follower. You'll always have me. But if you are implying about getting back together romantically like I said just because you're back doesn't mean that I'm just going to crawl back to your feet and fucking kiss it. I'm still hurt about the things you've done."

He took in a deep breath and slightly edged back. "Calvin I'm not saying there's no chance of us getting back together in any way and rejecting you. I don't even know myself because I know if I even get back with you in a year or so some people in my life would still tell me I'm making the wrong decision and just letting you back in too quickly. Please just...before we get into this whole talk of romance like I said it's going to take some time. You got to earn some Gavin brownie points first." Finally lightening up the mood he chuckled almost silently and I notice the tip of his lips curling up.

"Can we clean up everything too before this? I'm just sick and tired of hiding and keeping secrets all the fucking time. It's getting too tiring, you know? First with my pack and family, then we got that out of the way and fixed. But now we're back to that whole thing hiding this from your parents. I just really want to stop it. The longer we do this...the worse the consequence in the future." He nodded his head and gave me a tight smile.

"Okay. Like I said I was going to tell my parents soon anyway. I'm sorry for the lying too Gavin. Now thinking about it, I guess I rejected you because of the whole thing about being scared of not being able to provide for an heir when guess what men in the higher society can fucking conceive and make babies with other males naturally. Sorry for hiding and lying to my parents. I tried to tell myself that I'm doing this to prevent any bad thing from happening but by doing this I'm just making everything worse. If anything I'm not actually doing this to 'protect you and Kai' but to honestly just...protect me. And only me. So sorry..." He trailed off, his voice not getting louder than a whisper throughout the whole thing.

I gave him an encouraging smile. "You just earned some brownie points by the way." He looked up slowly with that soft smile and playful eyes where I couldn't help but laugh. Just a little. A small little. "This is probably the most...romantic and couple-y moment we've had. Most regular if anything." I nodded my head in agreement. Can't argue with that. "I'm going to tell my parents tomorrow the truth and then I'll make sure to do better from then on so I can earn those brownie points and have a slighter chance of getting you back with me." I gave him one final smile and nodded.

"What do you mean by telling us the truth and 'getting back together'?" We both sat up with wide eyes and saw his parents and younger brother standing outside with now the door wide open, slammed by his very angry father. To think this night was going to end good...

*****

Everything in this room is tensed: the air, the Royal family, me. Especially me. As Kaisen was asleep in our room the King didn't want to have this conversation with him in the place and it would be easier for the staff around to hear him yelling at us. So, now we're in his office.

I'm standing at the back, by a sofa, Leon's leaning against the big window at the left side of the room with his head down, the Queen was sitting at one of the chairs, and Calvin's standing in the middle of the room with his father, very pissed father, pacing in front of his desk.

"Calvin, what the hell was I hearing earlier? Huh? Explain yourself, what the FUCK do you mean by that?" With a scared and heavy heart, I look at the back of Calvin's head and am sure he just swallowed hard but he still had a plain expression on. "I..I am not with Gavin. I have been lying to you. And mom. About everything. Gavin is my mate, well...was my mate, and Kaisen is my son but the stories I've said...it's not completely true. At all." The queen lifted her head up to look at her son with sad eyes and let out a breathe while the King stopped confused.

"What do you mean by was?" The King asked quietly but very powerfully in a commanding voice. It was so deep if he'd asked me that or talked to me in that tone I would have crapped myself. "I rejected him, sir." Calvin said slowly. You couldn't see fear in his eyes but you can tell that he is still fearful at the King, his father, at this instant and he's just putting up a face. The King growled loudly and boom.

"Calvin!" I don't know if I yelled it out or the queen did but now Prince Leon was standing up straight worried for his brother who had just been punched by then King. "Oh my god, Cal." Rushing to his side, I knelt down and turned his face for me to see. He smiled and wiped the blood off his nose. "I'm fine Gavin." How the hell can he smile at me right now? I cupped his face and looked up to see the Queen softly holding the King who was still looking at Calvin with rage in his eyes.

"Reject? You rejected your own mate? You're the prince of this land, many people look up to you. Yet you're here rejecting your mate the moment you meet him run away and what ignore your own son? Why would you do that? You know how important mates are to each other. You protect them but you just rejected him and caused him pain. Same shit goes for your son. You call yourself the Prince? The future King of our whole kind? What kind of King does that? You better get this thing together Calvin, cause I am very disappointed in you. Very disappointed."

I helped Calvin up to his feet and watched as he couldn't even lift his head up. I looked back at the Queen who now stood in a hard spot not knowing if she should come up to her son or go to her now very confused, sad and angry mate. I know, I can literally feel it radiating off of him. She gave me a sad look and walked to attend her own mate. "Calvin let's go." I whispered to him. I felt something drop in my hand and my heart dropped thinking it was a tear from him crying but instead it was just the blood from his nose. "We'll continue this tomorrow." The King whispered. Calvin looked up and replied with a "Yes, sir." quietly when I noticed his eyes.

He was on the verge of crying. You can see the tears in his eyes that just doesn't want to drop.

He looked at me, meeting my own and smiled once again. He mouthed for us to leave and I put my arms around him even though he's not damaged in a way that would affect his walking but I don't care. It doesn't matter.

My mate needs me.

**********

You liiikkkeee? Anyways, this is part 1. I wanted to end it here cause if I wrote more of what I want to happen it would just be tooooo long. This is quite short but the next part shall come soon.

Part 2 will involve the King talking to Gavin, the Queen talking to Gavin, and a whole lot of stuff so get ready. What do you think will happen??

I hope you like this short chappie and Vote if you like it, Comment what you think, and Follow if you want.

Thank you!

~Strykly