Chapter 3

🔱Sunni🔱

"I'm Sunni." He takes the hand that Armand held up to him and shakes it. "Nice to meet you."

"Come with me." Armand walks back to his carriage alongside a few other men.

"Where to?" Sunni asks in confusion.

"Into the castle. You were looking for a job, right?"

"Yes, yes, yes, yes! Thank you sir." Sunni jumps for joy.

Armand simply shakes his head and smiles sweetly at Sunni’s childish behavior knowing how flowery his heart was on the inside.

Sunni follows Armand and the rest of the men inside as he looks from one tall building to the other. The old castle was peppered with flags showing the majestic features of such a huge kingdom.

"So, where are you from Sunni?" Armand asks as they make their way to the kitchen building.

"I'm from the little road down the hill towards the right, Jani Lane." Sunni replies.

"The orphans?"

"Yes, the orphans."

"Oh." Armand was silent for a moment as his brain tried to process the thought of Sunni being an orphan. Looking at him now, he must've been a beautiful baby. How could any parents not want this boy?

"May I ask what's the reason?"

"Reason?"

"For you being an orphan. If it's not too much."

"No. Not at all. I don't know. My keeper said that she found me on the edge of a mountain, crying and wailing for help. I was a baby so I can't remember anything about it."

"I'm sorry." Armand apologizes though he didn't have reason to be sorry

"Don't apologize sir. It's not any of your fault."

"Please, don't call me sir. You make me feel like I should be walking on sticks."

"Oh sorry. What should I call you then?"

"Just Armand. You look like you're around my age. How old are you?"

"I'm 20. You?"

"21." Armand smile warmly.

Soon after, they arrived in front of the kitchen building. Armand instructs the  men on where they should put away the groceries.

Done with that job, Armand escortes Sunni inside to fulfill his promise of work.

Sunni steps inside the kitchen excitingly as his eyes roamed around the wide space that the kitchen had. He was awed at all the new things that looked amazing.

Armand could see the glint in Sunni's eyes as he looked around the kitchen.

"Its blasting amazing."

What a weird thing to say, Armand thought to himself.

"I'm glad you like it. This is where I'll assign you. You should  arrive in the morning and clean anything that needs to be cleaned alongside Darius. He will assist you on the things you need to do."

Sunni turned to Armand to express his gratitude towards the kind man who had given him such golden opportunity. He would surely be able to buy anything for the children now.

Armand left to continue with his work for the day even though he'd rather  spend the time he had with Sunni. Unfortunately, he had his own duties.