Chapter 23

I've got three words for you guys. DON'T HATE ME.

"Maybe one day we'll find that place where you and I could be together. And we'll catch our dreams within the waves of change. So smile for me one last time and believe that we'll meet again. Until then, I'll be missing you."

r.m. drake

It is only after he realized the word that had come from his own lips that Sunni look at the king with wide eyes. Not believing his own heart for saying such betrayal.

"You dare to say that to my face?" Taizan's voice was threateningly low and deathly.

Sunni's mouth were wide open but no words were spoken as his mind rambles on excuses for the so called mistake his lips proclaimed.

"I didn't know you could be such reckless for your own life." Taizan said again. Sunni could see the state that the king was in. The veins and muscle throughout his head and hands were seen through his skin. The king was in all his mighty were trying his absolute best not to hurt Sunni in any way that could bring pain to him.

"Forgive me your highness, I do not mean such words." As much as it hurts him, Sunni needs to take back his own word as the life of his dear Armand depends on the very sake.

"Why wouldn't you mean it? You were whispering your words as if how a lover would. You were basically spelling your heart out and now you said that you don't mean it?"

Silent addresses through...

"I thought of you better than this." It was true enough that Taizan was all around disappointed with Sunni but more over the fact that the man's heart belong to someone else. This is why he never could let his guard down, this is why he does not believe in love; for the fact that it does not exist.

Taizan took a deep breath and tries to calm his demon, trying to persuade his inner emotions to be somehow predictable. "I will let him free." Taizan exclaimed. "But he is forever to be banned to enter this kingdom ever again. He will never set foot on this land as long as my reign is on the throne and you will never in your life, look him in the eyes and God forbid you to say those words!"

It was as if he was being insulted deeply, Sunni free his tears. It was streaming his cheeks like a burning candle.

"Do you understand?!" But nevertheless, Taizan keeps screaming at him furiously.

"Please..." He begs silently. "Don't do this sire. Not this..." Sunni begs again.

"Not this? Do you wish me to slice his head off then?"

Sunni look up to meet the king's dark eyes. He shook his head as if he, himself were to commit to those sentences.

"Then you will answer me that you understood my orders."

"Yes...yes, I understand you sire. Please, let the man live to his life."

Taizan hated the very fact that Sunni was begging for the man's life as if it were his own. He then look out the windows and look into the night. The scenic view of his kingdom spread across the land could be seen even in this dark time. It is far and wide. What he possesses in his hand is life. He could play God even if he wanted to.