Chapter 33

A king sit on his throne as he listens to his people begging for mercy of his wealth, power and his blessing to live a better live. A life where none of their children would starve to death and none of the poor would die starving. Taizan has his responsibilities dangling between his shoulders and his burden of a tittle hanging between his head.

Being a king was never easy.

He had gone through so much pain and misery to be on the throne from the very first place and here he is now, hoping and pleading from the Gods to take back everything that they had given.

“We try to capture the beast your highness but unfortunately they were too fast, too wild for us to withstand their attacks.” Said one of the slaves.

The issue regarding wolves in the mountain had become too drastic for the commoners to handle, hoping that the king would send his army in search of these wolves and terminate it.

But Taizan was nowhere in the room. His head might have gone down to the ground or go up as far as the God resides. He was never one to pay attention. He was never a good a listener; something he is still learning from his dear Sunni.

“We will send some of the guards to attend to your problems and by then make sure that these wolves will not harm the sheep or your family anymore.” Sunni responded instead.

“Thank you king advisor! Thank you your highness.” The man showed gratitude and bow his head towards the king but alas Taizan was looking elsewhere.

Mactum walked forward bending over to meet Taizan’s sight of hearing and called upon his attention.

“Your highness. The last one is leaving.” Mactum whispered and only then did Taizan awoke from his trance and see that the man that had come early had already left. He look around confusingly and wondered how could’ve he had been so transparent among his people concerns and problems.

“Are you alright your highness?” Mactum asked again when it seems that the king’s confuse facial seems to worsen.

“Yes I’m fine. Come Sunni.” He stood from his chair and walked away as Sunni followed behind the king as Mactum then soon followed suit.

The king was heading towards the library where the only place he could be safe with Sunni. The only place where they could be who they are and never having to hide from others.

But being in a close space with no one around apparently was not enough for the king to realize that they were hiding deeper than the depth of a dead man grave. To be seen being intimate with Sunni was perhaps the king greatest fear. 

Taizan walk into the room followed by Sunni but another figure seems to bother Taizan as much as it does on other days.

“What do you think you’re doing in here?” The king forwarded his question towards Mactum who apparently had follow along with him into the library.

“I’m keeping you safe your highness.” Mactum calmly replied.

“Mactum, I killed 238 men in the last war and you only killed 235. That numbers should at least keep me alive don’t you think?”

Mactum reluctantly think over his own thoughts and proceed to end the conversation with a nod as he walked out the door.

“What has gotten into him?” Taizan shake his head in amusement.

Meanwhile, Sunni stand still on the other side of the corner, dripping in his own thoughts.

“I know you were not feeling well today so I thought maybe you should just take a rest in here. You often look like you’re somewhere else.” Taizan step forward towards Sunni.