Chapter 21

Taizan could have never known that the eternity of the world was so overbearingly painful. He would have never known that his soul could be put in such nightmare. His heart was anxious for the whole of his moment. It was like waiting for the one's you love coming back from war. Not knowing if they would be alive or had already gone from this world. With the exception of a lot more worse.

Mactum had return after four days of whatever hell God has put in there. On a quiet and calm afternoon, where all the guards were on their alert, waiting for everyone to come back from the other side, Mactum barged the door as he throw himself through it with Sunni on his back. The large man was shaking as if his body were possessed. He puts Sunni down as the pain was no longer bearable and lay on the ground with his eyes wide, looking up at the heavens. Both of his hands were stuck to his side as his body went rigid. Meanwhile, Sunni keep on gushing out blood from his mouth as he too, collapsed on the ground. But horrifyingly enough, neither of them let out a soaring sound of pain. Not even the tiniest whisper. Only their figured and facial could tell the horror in their eyes.

"Your highness!!!" Shout one of the guards.

As fast as the lightning struck, Taizan make his way towards the chaos scene. His heart could barely take in what was happening. As if vision were fooling his own eyes. His one true warrior and the man who owns his heart, both were suffering from such misery.

"Call the necromancer!" Shout Taizan.

As soon as the man who is called upon stand beside the king, he too almost could not believe what this world was all about.

"Fix it! Make it stop!" Taizan command.

The necromancer looks at the king; baffled, but nevertheless proceed to step forward and whispers coherently to the air. His eyes were close as he pronounces chants and spells.

"What are you doing? Nothing is working!!!" Taizan shouted in anger.

For a moment, the necromancer had barely faltered through his spell for the king anger was very much disturbing. But he focus again as his spell were almost finish. After a few couple more seconds, Mactum and Sunni had ease down as if they had fall into a deep sleep. The necromancer stops whispering his words as he took a step back and fall down on his knees.

Taizan directly ordered his men to assist Mactum and Sunni back to health.

As well as the necromancer whom now, Taizan owns his promises. As the guards lifted Sunni up in a stretcher, Taizan stands by his side. Worried and heartbreakingly misery. He knows all too well that this was his fault to begin with. If he was not such a monster, if he was not such a cold hearted king, he could have realize how angry and Sunni was towards him. So angry that the man was willing to enter an unknown hell and escape.

                            The world had never felt so dark before. Sunni could only wonder if the pain was real or was it all bits of nightmare. As he tries to move his body, Sunni could feel the lightness in his head. His move his hand to touch it, in some reassurance that the pain would somehow be gone. He hears shuffling around him but it was just too faint for him to recognize anything.

Slowly, he opens his eyes and tries to look around. The first figured that stumble upon him was indeed the king. He does not know whether he should be shock or should he be happy. His condition at the moment was not allowing him to be anything. So, he took a glimpse at the king and proceeds to close his eyes back again. Sighing his heart out as if to let the whole world know of his burdens. Then, Sunni could hear another voice. The voice that had saved his life. The man that puts himself in such danger for him, a silly slave.