Chapter 30

CHAPTER 30

                  Sunni slide into bed and try his very best to close his eyes. To let everything be forgotten and to accept everything as it is. After the wedding, he could no longer stay. Taizan would be furious with him for not being by his side again, but after seeing what he sees today...how could he?

He loves the king as much as his heart allowed him too. At some point, it seems like there is no hope for him to ever love again. It seems that he could never forgive Taizan for what he has done; to separate them as such. But rather, he find solace in his majesty kindness and grace. Taizan treated him like a lover and that was all what it takes for him to realize that life must proceed on moving.

Though Armand will no longer be in the picture, there was just no stopping and giving up life.

But then, this happen...

Tonight is the bedding ceremony for the king and queen. When asked, the powerful king only answers were silence and ignorant. But Sunni did not want to push on the matter, but he is the lover...so it would be only right for him to know what will happen. Will it happen? And if it does...will it break him into pieces?

A thousand times, his head would keep going back to how his king would touch Queen Cerena, how he would gently caressed her like he did him. He stops thinking about it at some measures, but then the thought came back again, like an endless tale of nightmares.

'This is too painful...' Sunni thought to himself.

He was thinking about maybe entering the kitchen premises but figured that it would still be too busy for him to lounge around. The wedding would go on for days if they would not stop. The garden is forbidden to enter at night so that would not be an option at all. He could walk around the castle but there are only walls and doors.

The library...but only Taizan could enter that space and Sunni could only enter with him.

It was unbearable to just sit in this room and lounge around with his thought. If he does not stop himself, he would cry soon; massive tears.

So...Sunni sings. He sings the songs of children tales and embeds himself in the words cross around his lips. He was up to seven songs before he could finally close his eyes as the darkness took him away for another day.

But then the next morning, he rise again with a burden mind, tired...consumed by a heart break. Not only was he to accompany the king and queen for the day, but this would take forever if the Gods would allow it.

He dressed as usual and walk towards the king's chamber. He stood outside the door, besides the guarding guards and look into the distance.

Usually he would just need to knock and walk inside to wake his majesty up with little kisses, but he is now a married man.

And for a good period of time, Sunni stands there with the guards but his legs were starting to give up so he gave his thigh a few light punches.

"How are you managing to do this?" He asks the guards. But it was more of rhetorical questions really for none of them speak any word. But nonetheless, Sunni continue to have empty conversations with them. It must have been boring for them too, he thought.

Why not?

"I don't understand how you could not have just sat down while staying on guard. I mean...you still can be alert with your surroundings; it's just that you are sitting down. I didn't think it would be any problem really. Trust me, I've tried to reason with him for you guards, but you know how the man is, very stubborn. I mean it wouldn't hurt would it? I mean, if something were to happen, he still is capable of fighting for himself but no...he just have to be extra careful didn't he? I mean think about it, he is much stronger than you both combine so I don't see why both of you here, really."