Chapter 36

"Like all tragic love stories, ours will die with us as it should." 

              Every now and then, there was this slightly uncomfortable feeling set in between his thought. Wherever he looked or whatever he sees, it was a distance of an unaccomplished thinking. And whatever it may be, it was disturbing him. Sunni looks out to the wide spread green grass across the land as he took in deep breath of the air breathing through him.

"This is nice is it?" Said Mor, coming from behind as he stood next to Sunni.

"It is...it is indeed." Sunni gave the older man a small smile.

But there was something at the edge of the Mor's mind that had been keeping him on the side of the cliff whether to jump or stand aside. It would not be good news to Sunni but who was he to stop the man from neither facing his fate nor learning the truth.

"A messenger bird came flying this morning." 

"A messenger bird?" Confusion starts to synced in his mind, but Sunni rush the feeling away. "What did it say then?"

"The former king of Dusanma kingdom, king Taizan...has fallen ill and has been replaced with his heir but also, he is apparently nowhere to be seen."

What could he do? What could he have done differently? Sunni asked himself why such thing happen and if it did, was it his fault?

"I see..." was all he could utter.

"Mactum told me that you two were lovers, passionate ones."

Sunni nonchalantly nod.

"Do you still love him? If...you don't mind an old man asking." 

"No...not at all. I've never really told anyone anything, so...to be able to spill it out from my chest would actually be a relieved. I mean...I used to loved him I guess. Now, I'm just not sure where he belongs anymore."

"You are lost then?"

"I have always been. I thought the castle will be my forever home. For the first few month, although so many things to do, I felt like I belong somewhere. I was able to help the children at the orphanage, I have friends to laugh and talk with and of course, Armand."

"Armand."

"It's a long story. And one of the many reasons why I decided to leave."

"For someone so young, you seemed to have been through a lot of things."

"Its life it seemed. I'm just glad I did not sleep on the street."

Mor nodded. "Come, there's nothing that a cup of hot tea would not fix." Soon enough both of them were walking into the house again for an afternoon tea and continue conversing throughout the entire day.

Days move forward so the night turns to bright sky and bright sky turns dark blue again as Mactum head home to his father for he was in a desperate search of his king. The minute he arrived through the front door, his father welcome him with a big old hug and as any father would, he love his son very much and dearly no matter how stupid or stubborn a boy may be.

He welcomed him into the house and as soon as he stepped inside, Sunni was already standing in the corner, frozen in his steps. Mactum only gave a side glance to the smaller man and not another word.