Chapter 22

Sunni is now on his heels, living with all what is left of him. Trying to do the excellence out of the ordinary in his life. He tries his best to fulfil his duty to the king and at the same time the duty to his heart but clearly it is very difficult for him to do so. Not when the king keeps owning him like a lover.

Taizan treats him so differently after what have happened and so different than all the other servants. He addresses him with beautiful names and sometime holds his hand so softly as if he might break. It would be a living heaven if it were not for the fact that he was just so uncomfortable with it. But he didn't say anything. How could he? Unless he wanted Taizan to wrath upon him, he shouldn't say anything at all. It's been days now and he wishes Taizan would just stop but at the same time, he wishes the man would not. It's too much of confusion for him to be feelings such emotion.

"You're head is going elsewhere again." Taizan said as he measures the land of the kingdom on the tip of his finger in the old crusty brown map.

"I'm sorry your highness I was just thinking about something."

"Should I know what it is?"

Sunni shake his head as a no. "It's nothing that you should concern."

Taizan only let out a muffle sound and turn his attention back towards the map that had him focus.

"Sire."

"Yes, my love?"

There it is again, one of his names.

Sunni close his eyes and try to let that beating heart go to rest for a moment as he spills his truth.

"Tomorrow, I will go back to my home."

"I know." Taizan keeps on concentrating on his map as if what he heard did not polluted his heart in one agony second. But the reality is beyond that of expected.

"I will return back home in times of four days if that is fine with you sire?"

Taizan contemplated on saying that that four days would the longest time in the whole entire world but he had promised Sunni the world and the world shall he gave to him.

"Of course, take your time and make sure to be safe. Come back to me in one piece or I would never be able to forgive you." Taizan smiles, one of the things that he only does when in the presence of Sunni.

Taizan could hardly remember the last time he was this happy. The last time his heart ache in joy and how he begs god for forgiveness and in return, God would allow Sunni to stay by his side forever. He knows far too well that what he will do would crush the man beating heart but he could not avoid this. This marriage thing was something the kingdoms have been preparing him for. As much as he wanted to avoid such circumstances, there was no way out of this. Not now. Not ever.

"You would not have to worry about that sire. I'll make sure that my return is something that should concern you." Sunni said in joy as he smiles.

Taizan looks at that smile and make sure his mind and soul embedded that smile inside him for as long as this four days. The four torturing days.

"Come by my chamber tonight and we'll celebrate your victory of returning home as one of the king's man."

"If you wish so your highness."

Later that night, as promised, Sunni make his way to the king's chamber but he was stop by a dark figure that had missed his very existence. It was Darius. The man breathing was hysterical as he bend down and grab his knees to catch his breath.