Chapter 25

Hye guys, it has been a long time, so here's a really long chapter ❤❤❤

They say that once you love, there was no turning back. It is as such for Sunni. He had fulfilled his soul of letting go of the past and had moved on with what is left of him. He let go in order to lived. But now that he had done such thing, his life is still on the edge of pain. He realized that he is not the person he thought he would be.

But then again, he might have piled too much thing up in the sky. He opens his heart slowly towards the man he thought had destroyed his only love and thought again that it was wrong to do such but it was the only choice...the only solution.

He is destined for the life in the castle, the life of a servant, the life of a hidden lover.

Sunni is startled by Taizan sudden outrage of burst when the strong man slams his fist on the wooden table, outraging his fierce. But Sunni thought indeed there is just no way out of this. There is no absolute way to avoid the tradition of an ancient successful kingdom.

"Why are you silent?" Taizan directed towards Sunni who kept his words hidden behind his own thought.

"Your highness, I..." His words are there, but they could never be spoken, never loudly.

Taizan makes his way towards his lover and place both of his hands on Sunni's waist, pulls him closer as their breath became one. He closes his eyes and joins their forehead together. It is a moment of peace. Their hearts connected by a silent kind of gesture that only lovers could ever feel.

"Say something." As if asking Sunni for some reassurance that he will never leave.

"I..." Sunni looks up to Taizan. "There are no words your highness. It is what it is."

"And what exactly is it?"

"Your fate." Sunni let out.

Taizan turns around and walks away. "But I have never asked for such thing. I didn't ask to be born a king!"

There is silence in the room. One could only sigh as to what use is it for Taizan to question who he is and what he is not. He is the king and asking questions of why and when would be a waste of time and not a single soul could change it.

"And I did not ask to be born a servant. We came to this world, we can make our own choices but then again, without us knowing...everything has been laid out for us. We could chase our dreams and choose our path. The truth is we simply live life. It is unfair and it will always be. But that does not mean you could not live life happily sire. No matter how dark the world is, there is other thing that makes it better."

Taizan turns his head aside as to learn what that other thing could be.

"It is peace sire, your peace, the peace that you have fight for this kingdom. You have not only save lives but also make new ones. Rest assure that you have done great things."

There, one of a few words that Sunni have been saying to soothe Taizan of his anger and unsettle heart. For years...it has always seemed to work. There is no reason why it wouldn't work now.

If only Sunni knew how dark Taizan's world actually is.

He relaxes his tense shoulder and sits on the chair nearby. The humid air in the library was suffocating both of them but that place is where they had spent most of their time. That library has witness enough things to stay in such a humid condition.