Chapter 14

Sunni walk along with Mactum as they head towards his new chamber. The superior feeling of fright engulfed his mind in a way that he himself cannot explain with mere words. Mactum with all his ease walk into what seems like an isolated hall and proceed with his steps. Sunni who was nowhere in his mind keep on glancing everywhere for he has no kind of thought of where his whereabouts. But he follows Mactum as if his life depended on it which he might add is quite true.

Then, they come to a stop in front of a room; with small door. Mactum opens the lock and the door was small indeed when Mactum had to bows his body whereas so as Sunni. Sunni let his eyes roam around the room with a big single bed in the middle of the space, fire place on the right while a table stood on the left. It was very spacious, even for one person.

"Here it is. Your attire in is that wardrobe over there." Mactum then point to the corner where a tall furniture stood.

"Thank you." Sunni said.

"Change. The king will be expecting you now."

"Now?"

"Yes, now. I will wait outside." Mactum walks out of the room, leaving Sunni all alone in his confusing presence.

This is bad, he thought to himself.

He has no idea how to be a king adviser. On that thought, he doesn't even want to be near the king. He is just so terrified by the man dominant presence that it almost turns him into a pillar. Afraid that every single move will only bring wrath.

But he also can never overlook the many parts where the king sounds like he favoured him. In a very different way. A way that his mind would keep telling him that it's just impossible. He is just a mere servant with no skills nor gift whatsoever. All he has to himself is his...well nothing. Then again, why on earth does the king sounds like he is in love with him? But then again, the king might just try to be nice.

Armand said he will save him which bring more confusion to the situation. Why would Armand save him? Is he not safe when he is with the king? Will the king would try to kill him if he meets any error?

Sunni shook his head and try to think for the better of his life. Now is definitely not the time for him to be thinking about such horrific thoughts. He walks towards the wardrobe and open it. There, hang a couple piece of clothing for him to change. His eyes set on his uniform. The fabric is nothing like his body ever wore and the standard of the clothing itself is far from what he is. He reached for the clothes and indeed the lining of the fabric was so soft and comfortable in his hands.

He undresses himself and change. When he is done, he walks outside with a scowling Mactum waiting. The strong man then walk away again as Sunni trail behind as usual. He would be meeting the king again, Sunni thought. From now onwards, he will always be with the king. It would be much better if Armand is the king. Only then, he wouldn't mind being with him all the time. A secret thought he kept to himself.

They reached the king's chamber, located in the deepest part of the castle where layers and layers of safety is conquered. Sunni guarded himself and enter as a new person with heavy responsibilities on his shoulder but somehow his heart felt otherwise.

As soon as Sunni's in the room, Taizan's face lit like a candle, burn on the set of sundown but still, he did not show it through his figure. His heart joys with the warm scent of summer but only on the inside. Nevertheless, Sunni ignite something in him that he cannot control for once. Not even with the power he held in his hands.

"You're here." Taizan said with ease. He put his fork down and stop eating his dinner.

Sunni looks at the dinner and wonder who had made that and once again, his mind drifts to Armand handsome feature.