Chapter 9

That morning when Taizan finish his hygiene routine, he ordered for breakfast and like always, Sunni would walk into the chamber. Taizan keep a close eye on the scrawny little man and cannot help but feel the slight desire in his heart as he keep on thinking about the many possibilities.

Sunni put down the plate on the table carefully as he step back to let the other maids taste it first. He wonder sometimes how can the king live in such fear but then again, Sunni is sure that he is just being carefull about his life. He is a king, of course his life is valuable and important. But then again, what about the people who have no importance in others.

After the maids have done their duty, all the servants retreated into the wall so that the king can eat comfortably. Just when things couldn't get more tense and awkward, Sunni stomach growl loudly across the room.

It got the maids to laugh at him but certainly there is one particular person who is not. Sunni hold his stomach in hope that the grumble would stop for he can feel the dark and hollow eyes that keep on staring at him. Sunni stand still so that he would seem as if it is not something that he can really control.

Taizan look at Sunni and feel sympathy? He doesn't really know the feeling nor is familiar with it. He wanted to give the untouched bread on his plate but his pride as a king just wouldn't let him do such things. Instead, he feel that he should take this moment and remind Sunni of what he said to him last time.

"Let me guess, I didn't feed my people again?" He said smugly.

Sunni eyes widen in surprise to such comment and frankly, he is slightly hurt from it. He had given the truth in his word but yet, the king use it against him as a joke.

Sunni did not say anything nor did he smile for he is truly offended. He wanted to give a slight smile but his heart just won't let him. So, he look to the ground and stay still.

Taizan who witnessed the cold treatment, keep on staring at Sunni. He didn't understand what he did but whatever it is, it resulted in Sunni's odd behavior. Taizan did not like it. He didn't like it one bit. He try to think of something to say but the right word just can't seem to pass his lips nor his mind. For once, Taizan is baffled on what he is supposed to do. He nearly finish his breakfast and he cannot let Sunni stay mad at him. His heart just won't have it.

"What's with the face?" At this particular time, Taizan feels like punching himself in the face for being so barbaric towards Sunni.

Sunni look up to the king and shook his head.

Taizan notice that Sunni doesn't even want to talk to him.

"Use your words man." He command.

"I...I..." Sunni stutter in his word as he is close to tears. He wipe the flowing water that threatened to fall. He try to speak and not look foolish in front of the king and the maids but he can't help but do so.

Why is he crying over such matter, he has no idea whatsoever. It felt wrong and right at the same time. He wanted to bolt out of the room but it seems that his legs are better as stuck on the ground.
"I am sorry your higness. I didn't mean to offend you." Sunni tries to apologize.

Taizan is now more baffled than ever when Sunni cry. He felt the guilt building inside him and proceed to just let things go. He got himself in a big mess with Sunni and he is sure that it would be a lot worse if he speak again.

So, Taizan dismissed everyone including Sunni and he can see the man bolted out of the room as fast as lightning. Taizan eyes drop down to the floor when he is left alone in his room. The loneliness dreaded over him and his mind playback to the moment he capture the fear in Sunni's eyes. How the man is afraid of his power and himself.

Over the course of years, Taizan still can't quite find the right person to share his life with. To share his power and to be his other half. It is not an easy thing, love. Taizan would always find himself in the middle of war or busy times with the kingdom. He nearly have any time for himself. All he did, he did it for his kingdom safety. So that the people can live in safety and be prosperous. So that can explain the fact that what Sunni said, angers him. He had work hard for the people but to be ask more of it is simply ridiculous. He have given his best and to be said that it didn't bring any results, push him to the edge of sanity.

But still, he still can't seem to open his heart for the right women or man. Sunni on the other hand is another part of his mind that he can't really understand. Does he favour the boy or does he despised him?

It's too confusing even for the mind behind the palace. The old geezers that always talk like they know everything and pretend to rule the kingdom.

The ministers of Dusanma.