Thalia Grace

"Dare," I chose immediately. Ron considered that for a moment.
       "Climb up to the top of the ropes and jump off into the net," he said. I was about to say how there were no nets or ropes, when some appeared. But that wasn't the scary part. The wall gained about 50 feet of height. Height. I shivered. Annabeth looked at me sympathetically. I looked at Percy just in time catch his wince.
       "Um," Grover said, "Maybe you should change-"
     "It's fine, Grover," I said, determined, "I'll do this."
     I mean, I was a Hunter of Artemis. I had died and become a tree! I was the freaking daughter of Zeus!
         Without looking down I climbed. Up and up and up. I ignored the ground dropping away beneath me. I go to the top of the nets without a leg wobble. That all changed when I was about to jump. I couldn't see the flipping net!!!!!! Or the people!!!! Think happy, Thalia, happy. Green Day, Green Day, Green Day.
        I couldn't jump. I just couldn't, my legs were shaking and I was close to tears. Why had I done this? A tear leaked out of my eye and I reached up to wipe it. As I did so I lost balance. My other hand fell off the rope and I swung wildly, trying to grab onto it again. It was too late. I was plummeting and screaming and cursing at the top of my lungs.
         I hit the net hard but with relief. I found my feet on solid ground and I wanted to weep for joy. I didn't, though, because Ron, Hermione, Harry, Artemis, Butler, and Holly were all starting at me. Mulch was busy with another bug.
       I could get this out. Ron had admitted his fear, and Annabeth too. But I was a daughter of Zeus!
      I took a deep breath, "I'm afraid of heights."
      "Ooohhh," Harry said. He brushed his bangs aside, and I caught a glance of a lightning bolt.
      "What's that?" I asked. He shrugged.
      "Uhhhh, nothing much," he said. I waggled my finger.
     "I'm a daughter of Zeus, and I want to know what my dad's symbol is doing on your forehead."
      "Wait," Hermione said, "your dad is Zeus and you're afraid of heights?"
      "Harry," I said quickly, to get attention off myself, "Truth or dare?"