Clary Fairchild

Yaaaaasss... I love the Mortal Instruments!! So excited to do this. If you haven't read this series - READ IT! It's super good.
I could feel the other Shadowhunters' eyes boring into me and their judgement practically pouring from their ears. Godammit.
    "Dare," I sighed. Might as well get it over with.
    Gale smirked, "Belly dance to the song Yeah."
      "What?" I flushed red. It didn't mean a whole lot, I was almost always blushing uncontrollably, but I wasn't Isabelle. I couldn't flaunt my femininity like that. If she did it, it would look sexy. If I did, I'd look ridiculous.
    "Can I pass?" I asked weakly. Everyone shook their heads simultaneously. I glanced at Jace, who was barely concealing a crooked grin. He had seen me dancing once and had concluded that I looked 'sexy as hell' but I was dating him so he might be biased.
    "There's no music," I pointed out. Izzy came to my so-called rescue.
    "Phones!" she grabbed her own out of her pocket and started the song.
    The beat was obviously good - this was a dancing song - but I didn't know how to belly dance and I didn't want to seem disrespectful to those who have perfected it to an art form. Izzy looked up a YouTube video on how to belly dance and I began to follow the instructions. I rolled my hips forward moving back and forth to the beat, waving my arms in a flowing manner. I began shimmying up an invisible man and curling my body this way and that. It became easier as time went on and I forgot the people and the video and was just dancing to the music. When the song finished I stopped abruptly, not realizing how much time had passed. All the people were watching me with widened eyes. Apparently I had done well. Jace wrapped one arm around my waist casually as if to say 'She's mine.' I raised my eyebrows at him (I still couldn't lift just one) but didn't resist. I turned my attention to the gray-eyed, blonde girl who was smiling slightly. What was her name? Annie? Annabelle? Oh, right.
    "Annabeth," I said, "Truth or Dare?"

Btw, the song Yeah is the one by Usher in case you were wondering. Yay, Annabeth!! I love Annabeth, she was my very first favorite character so she always holds a spot in my heart.❤️ Thanks for sticking with me and my sporadic updating!!!!!