Izzy and Alec Lightwood (Alec's POV)

"Truth," I said immediately. Unfortunately for me, Izzy replied with, 'dare' at the exact same time. I leveled my I am you big brother and I know what's best for you gaze at her. That look has never worked on Izzy and, even more unfortunately for me, her I'm your little sister will you please do this for me? works on me every time.

"Fine," I relented. "But if the dare is too bad, I reserve the right to change it to truth."

"That's against the rules!" Rachel broke in.

"Choosing two people at once is against the rules, too," I pointed out.

"True," Rachel conceded, then turned to you. "It's all on you, Mr. Diggums."

Mulch fingered his chin. Maybe he noticed us glaring at each other, because his dare was right on to what I wanted to do with Izzy at the moment. "Fight each other."

"What?" Izzy looked startled. She usually lost in fights to me when we were sparring because she got distracted. I didn't, though in the real world she was more adept than I was.

"You heard me," Much was warming up to the idea now. "Fight. Whoever disarms their opponent first wins."

The author's spirit didn't even have to enter this time, because Jace provided us with two seraph blades that he happened to have with him. I rolled my eyes, but accepted the blade.

We began as usual, circling each other. Then Izzy lunged at me, sword out. I blocked her and pushed back. She held her stance. Then the fight begun. I couldn't keep track of the moves. We were both fast and ready. I took on the defensive stance - she would miss eventually. We were a whirlwind of moving parts, performing a dance we had perfected long ago.

It ended differently. Her blade against my throat, my weapon on the ground, out of reach. I was too proud to be upset.

"Good job," I said, grinning. Jace was grinning, too.

"You didn't let me win, did you?" she said accusingly. I shook my head vigorously. Magnus had distracted me, but that was my fault.

We both stood gazing around at our companions.

"So..." I trailed off. "What now?"