Heroes

Just as the heroes spoke, the room began to dissolve around them, mist swirling at their feet.

"Wait!" Percy called out. "This is it? Will we never see each other again?"

No one responded for a second, since no one knew the answer. What was the purpose of this? Who had brought them together? Why?

"Perhaps we will meet again," Artemis said at last. "This may have been a meeting to build trust so that if we must join forces in the future we will do so willingly."

"If not, it was nice meeting you lot," Harry said, with a shake of his head and a smile. The others murmured their assent. The room began to spin, and all of them could no longer speak for the dizziness was threatening to overwhelm them. It spun faster and faster until the room disappeared and every single one of them blacked out.

Percy, Annabeth, Thalia, Grover, and Rachel awoke in their beds in Camp Half-Blood, perfectly sound of mind. They rushed to Chiron to tell him of their adventure. He had not been worried in the slightest.

Artemis, Holly, Butler, and Mulch reappeared in Fowl Manor. Artemis remarked on the lack of time change, but the rest were still reeling from what seemed like a dream.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione reentered their world in the Burrow, and the next day of rebuilding the wizarding community did not seem so hard to face.

Katniss, Peeta, and Gale ended up in District Twelve, and Katniss knew that she could not lead Gale on any longer. They had real work to do, and this love story would not get in the way of that.

Clary, Jace, Izzy, Alec, and Magnus showed up in the New York Institute, each one of them a little less embarrassed about themselves, and a little readier to laugh at the others.

Every one of them were happy to be home, but never forgot the strange day when, for just a little while, they had all been a group of teens, playing a normal game of Truth or Dare. It had been embarrassing, sure, and they were not eager to repeat the experience, but, for once, they had been able to forget their responsibilities and just be kids.

Now, they were ready to face the world and the many, many challenges that awaited them.

After all, they were heroes.