Owls and Ideas

~Hello my Muchachos, I wrote this stupid chapter like 5 times over and over bc my computer wont let me edit chapters that I saved and previewed, fml. And my computer is freezing, so then I lose all my work, fml.~

Harry was startled out of unconsciousness when he heard a shrill squawk coming from a weird barn owl on his window ledge, next to a very annoyed looking hedgwig. Usually Hedgwig wakes Harry up at 5:50am to give his a bit of time before 6, but he was woken up at an abrupt 5:04am by this careless barn owl. Harry winced as he got up, and stretched slightly, before limping to take the letter that the owl had. Harry sat at his desk and read.

Dear Harry,

I tried, I really did, but I couldn't convince him. I'm due to take on the dark mark tomorrow. I understand if you want to back down from your offer, I surely wouldn't want a death eater living in my home. I did find the ingredients for the potion, though it won't really be need I guess. But I amused myself, of course. The list is on the back.

I hope you are doing well, I have been reading up on some healing magic, so if by any chance we go through with the plan, I can help heal you at the safe house. Although I'm probably just amusing myself, again.

So sorry,

Draco

P.S. Destroy this letter when you're done reading

Harry read the back of the letter, carefully writing down every ingredient, before giving the letter to Hedgwig to rip up. As Hedgwig ripped up the letter, Harry began his own for Draco. When he was finished, he carefully tied the letter to the barn owl's leg, and the owl promptly swooped away.

At the Malfoy manor, Draco paced back and forth, waiting for his owl to come back. He had specially trained that owl to fly fast, so he was expecting him soon. As luck would have it, a fast brown, barn owl swooped through his open window, and tuck out his leg. Draco grabbed the letter and read.

Dear Draco,

I don't care that you have the dark mark. We are still going to go through with this plan. We will both be home free in the safe house. The dark mark won't affect anything. As for the ingredients, they should be there in three days. Start the potion as soon as you can.

Blaise

Draco read, and reread the note before setting it to flame. He was so excited and relieved. He thought that Harry wouldn't allow him to live at the safe house, but he did! With that thought in his mind, his face dropped. Voldemort would read his memories and thoughts tomorrow before he gave him the dark mark. After much thought, an idea popped into his head. He quickly grabbed a textbook and read.

To use an obliviate simply suppresses the mind of a certain memory, but when enhanced with the word 'Extractum' the memory can be safely stored in a container. This spell is simple, yet it has to be done carefully. The memory that one chooses is effectively removed from the conscious entirely. This means that if one were to use Legilimency on said mind, the memory could not be found....

This was huge in Draco's mind. All he had to do was remove a couple of memories, put them in vials, and send them to Harry! Make a letter telling him to send it back to him the next day, and all will be well. He quickly got out some parchment, and started writing.

Dear Harry,  

This is going to sound weird, but I need you to send this box back to me in two days. Don't send it any earlier, don't ask questions, and whatever you do, do not look inside the box. I'm trusting you with this ok? When you send me the box back, put a letter inside that says 'You can trust me, because the password is trust.' Make sure that is the only thing you write. I'm trusting you with this.

Draco

When Draco was done, he put the letter in the box, and gathered three vials; one for the train ride back home, one for the plan, and one for all his collective thoughts about liking Harry and Hermione. If the Dark Lord saw his thoughts on the two, he's surely die. He then took out his wand and recited the spell 'Extractum Obliviate' and he watched as a thin blue streak of memory slowly spill into the vial. One by one, he repeated this before every vial was full. He made sure to only keep the memory of the password, but he suddenly had the urge to send the box to Harry. He tried to push the thought away, but it kept hammering at him to send the vials to Harry, so he did. It felt weird to him. Why would he send his enemy that box. Yet he collected the vials, and put them in the box. He then secured the box, and the owl flew away to deliver. After he watched the owl fly away, Draco, for some reason, felt relieved. With that he continued his day normally.

It was 11:26pm when Harry finally finished all his chores. Just as he threw himself onto the bed, a barn owl flew through his window, and landed on his bed, a heavy box tied to his feet. Curious, Harry untied the box, and opened it up. Inside were three glowing blue vials, and a note. He carefully took the note and read.

It was very vague, but he decided to comply, and he took out a bit of parchment and wrote down the password phrase. Then he put the letter in the box, and stuck the box underneath his floor boards so no one could find it. He then, somewhat peacefully, drifted into sleep.