Chapter Three

Chapter Three

          Waking up, I felt disoriented. I had no idea where I was, nor how I got there. A boy was staring at me, a blank and confused expression on his face, probably similar to the one on mine.

          "I'm Ava," I said, sticking my hand out and shaking it with him. He was rather cute. He had dark hair and piercing grey eyes.

          "Xavier," he said, looking at me with some sort of expression that I wasn't sure I understood. "Have we met?" He asked awkwardly.

          "You know, now that I think of it, you are oddly familiar, but no, I don't know who you are, I'm sorry." I felt like someone with short term memory loss. I could remember everything up until I dropped my sister off and she got put into the system until I came back from somewhere to take care of her. Everything after that was just a haze.

          "Where are we?" He asked me, but to be honest, I hadn't even really looked around; I was too busy trying to figure out exactly how I knew him and from where. This was really starting to irritate me!

          "You must be newcomers!" a male voice exclaimed, seeming relieved. "I'm glad that you could make it. I'm Braden and I'm a second year Leegend Halls."

          "Second year? How many years of this do we have to go through?!" I asked, probably sounding rude, but I didn't care.

          "Only two years here. I'm on my last one," he looked at each of us and when we both said nothing, he continued speaking. "Just follow me right this way,"

          We both followed him out, but I could not stop checking him out. I mean come on, he was really hot! No more needed to be said.

          "This poor guy," Xavier mumbled under his breath, watching as I was checking him out.

          "What is that supposed to mean?" I retaliated. Normally, this would have been an awkward situation, but since I felt like I knew him from somewhere, it kind of eased the tension.

          Xavier just laughed to my retaliation, but avoided my gaze. Was that a little bit of jealousy that I just saw? No, it couldn't be. Everything is just going to my head. A lot has happened to me, or at least I think it has.

           I stopped and a girl walks out of the room. "Hey guys! I'm Casey, also a second year just like Braden.

          "Hey," Xavier said flirtatiously, causing me to stifle a chuckle, making both of them look at me, only Casey's look was a bit friendlier than Xavier's glare.

          "I'm Ava," I said, trying to hide how uncomfortable I felt.

          "Well then Ava, I'm going to give you the rest of the tour. But don't worry, Xavier will be in good hands with Braden." She smiled at them as they walked off and we headed in the opposite direction.