Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

          It was his choice really; his secret to keep. He just asked me if we could not talk about the hallway happening. I didn’t really want to make it a huge deal either, so we just went back into the cafeteria and shrugged our shoulders saying that we felt nothing. That was the only choice I had.

          “So you really felt nothing?” Casey asked me later in the day. It was Monday, homecoming week. We were out dress shopping.

          “No, it was just really awkward. I guess the whole bonding ring breaking changes you back to normal quickly.”

          “Well that’s a good thing, right?” Casey asked me.

          “Yeah, it is.” I said, keeping it short and sweet. Casey went into the changing room coming out in a midnight blue dress.

          “Do you like it?” She asked me, checking herself out in the mirror. Her expression was unsure.

          “That’s my favorite one that you have tried on so far.” I said sincerely. She had tried on nearly twenty five dresses. Saying that was even an understatement.

          “I like it too,” she said smiling, setting it aside and continuing to raid the aisles for dresses.

          “Do you like this one?” She asked me, handing out a deep red dress.

          “It’s really pretty actually,” I said, looking it over again.

          “Good, I’m glad you like it. Now go try it on.” She said, handing me the dress and pushing me into the dressing room.

          “I don’t even want to go to this. If I’m being forced to go, can I at least go comfortably?” I complained in the stall.

          “Oh just stop complaining and try the dress on. I found a matching pair of shoes!” She exclaimed, sliding them under the door to me.

          Once I had the dress on, I looked myself over, extremely impressed with the results. I loved it. It looked great on me. It wasn’t what I had planned on when I thought of going to get a dress.

          “Do you like it?” Casey asked, knocking on my door relentlessly. “Just show me!” She complained. I bet that everyone in the store is looking at her. Can someone tell me how I got talked into coming dress shopping with her?

          When I unlocked the door and Casey got a look at my dress she started gushing. “It looks so beautiful! I love it!” I could tell that she wasn’t just saying this, that she really meant it. “Now you have to try on the shoes! They go great together!” She gushed.

          When I opened the box, I found a pair of shiny black two inch heels. They were splatter painted red, which was the only reason I even considered trying them on. Heels were just not my thing.

          Once I slipped them on my feet, they fit perfectly. “What are you some magic size witch or something?” I teased. “You picked out the perfect size dress and shoes… Should I be scared?”

          “You can call me a magic size witch if it floats you boat, but when you come back to reality, it was just luck.” After laughing so hard tears came to my eyes, I started to walk around in the heels. They were pretty comfortable and I walked in them just fine.

          “I don’t want to try on anymore dresses,” Casey said suddenly, catching me off guard. “I fell in love with this one,”