Chapter 19: What the Hades is going on?

Marcey's p.o.v.

I rolled my eyes as Clarisse lectured me over the Iris message. I had found a fountain that was creating mist do I decided to Iris message Clarisse and tell her about my day.

Bad choice.

"Marcey you're at the Roman camp you didn't know it was Medusa! It could have been another monster! A Roman monster that might have looked like Medusa!"

I sighed as she yelled at me. "Clarisse what was I supposed to do? Let it kill me and Nico?"

She paused and pondered for a moment "I guess not. But that still doesn't change that fact that you can't jsut waltz in and start picking fights with monsters!"

I groaned but the what Clarisse said got me thinking. "Why is Medusa in the Roman camp? I don't believe it's a shared fable. I think it's only Greek isn't it?"

Clarisse thought for a moment. "I think it is only Greek."

Marcey looked around "Than why the hell was she here? And how did she get in here?"

Clarisse was about to answer when Will popped up behind her.

"Is Nico hurt?! I heard he got hurt!"

I rolled my eyes "Calm down Will, your such a overprotective boyfriend."

Will blushed "That doesn't answer my question Marcey."

I smiled "Yes he's okay. I refused to talk to Frank until Nico was well rested. And Hazel and Frank, and Reyna agreed with me that he should get some rest."

Clarisse's eyes got wide "Wait Reyna's there?"

I nodded "Yes why?"

Will and Clarisse looked at each other "Well Annabeth said that if she was there you should go ahead and get some training done with her and Frank, and well it sounded like a great idea to me so I said that you should. I didn't actually expect her to be there."

I narrowed my eyes "When I get back Clarisse I'm sicking the entirety of the Hermes cabin on your ass!"

Clarisse nodded "Fair point. But I'm just warning you it might get hard."

I rolled my eyes "Oh really Clarisse I obviously didn't know that!"

Clarisse chuckled "Since your so upset I'm guessing you don't want to speak to Apollo, or Alex?"

"I would actually love to speak to Apollo! If it gets Will's worried boyfriend face out of the picture I'm good."

Clarisse turned to Will and noticed that he did had a worried boyfriend face. "Oh yeah, wow. Okay Will would you go get Apollo."

After a moment Apollo was in the picture and Clarisse was replaced by Alex.

Marcey waved "Hey guys! How are you keeping the message going so long?"

Apollo chuckled "Percy say hi!"

"Yo" a bored sounding son of Poseidon responded.

"Oh, I'm sorry Percy."

He didn't respond.

Apollo picked at his nails "Heard you had a run in with a certain Gorgon."

I nodded "Yeah, no one has any idea how she got into the camp. Which means someone summoned her in! Ugh!!"

Alex looked at me her face riddled with confusion.

"You can summon monsters inside the camp!?"

I nodded "At ours at least. Not sure if that's how it works at the Roman camp. But I'll ask Frank and Hazel tomorrow. They are pretty busy trying to figure out the number of casualties. And they are trying to figure out what to do with the head."

Apollo looked at his hands and than looked at me "You know, since all this strange stuff is happening maybe i should come join you guys at Ca-"

"No Apollo, I'm beginning to think someone is trying to lure you out here. And it won't be safe for you. I'd rather not have to explain to Zeus that you died because of my stupid actions."

Alex smiled "Don't worry Apollo if you want you can stay in the Aphrodite cabin for the time being."

Apollo grinned "Well than! Exciting!"

I rolled my eyes and a little beep let me know my time was up "I have to go guys. Have fun. Apollo don't piss off any other cabins while I'm gone. Alex please be weary of him he tends to do stuff in his sleep. That covers everything right?"

Alex chuckled "We'll be fine Marcey. I'll say hi to Maria Alfie, Jason and Ethan for you as well."

I smiled "Thanks Alex."

She wave bye, and Apollo rolled his eyes.

The message ended and I walked towards the building Nico and I are staying in. Only when I had walked in did I realize it was the Pluto cabin.

"Wow, nice decorating."

Nico chuckled "I guess."

I sat down on a bunk "No really it resonates with my soul. The colours are just so, me! Ya know."

Nico smiled at my attempt at humor. And than he got serious "Are you okay Marcey? You aren't hurt are you? I never thought to ask that."

I shrugged "If I am it isn't affecting me. But even if I was hurt what I did was pretty cool!"

I looked around and sighed "Nico I didn't want to ask Frank and Hazel this but I'm wondering, can you summon monsters into this camp?"

Nico looked down as he pondered my question. "I-" he looked up "I don't know honestly. I know that you can at Camp Half-blood but not sure about here."

"Nico they only way she could have gotten in is thr-"

"I know! But I don't want to believe that any demi-god is responsible for this."

I nodded. From what I had learned from the first books the amount of casualties caused by the war was gigantic. And I wasn't about to let that happen again.

"Nico, we need to find out who summoned her in. And they we will have to question them. Because if this has anything to do with Kronos we better nip it in the bud now or it will only get worse!"

He nodded. He was about to speak when an explosion went off.

"What the Hades is going on?!"

Nico looked at me "You didn't say hell?"

I shrugged "Trying something new. I quite enjoy it."