Letters.

Zayn stood at the airport, it was currently 6 am, Niall would still be sleeping so he didn't bother waking him. Zayn just left not wanting to see Niall cry. And like that he was gone, the plane doors closed and he was on his way to Afghanistan.

--

Niall woke up, the space beside him in the bed felt cold, it took him a moment for him to register that Zayn was gone.
He sat up rubbing his eyes momentarily, he saw a small piece of paper folded in half with his name scribbled on the front of it. He unfolded it an stared at it blankly, it was a letter from Zayn.

My Dearest Niall,

I was called upon to fight in the army. I left at 5am, sorry I didn't tell you. I didn't bother waking you because I knew you'd cry and I couldn't take seeing you cry, knowing I was the reason for it. I love you so so much. I will try and write to you as much as I can.
I promise I will come back for you.

Love Always, Zee. xx

Niall was on the verge of tears, why did Zayn of all people in his life have to go? Zayn was one of the only people Niall could ever trust, his parents didn't care for him, Zayn did. Now he is gone.

{2 Weeks Later}

Niall received his first letter from Zayn today, and to say he was ecstatic was an understatement.

My Dearest Niall,

Hey how are things? You honestly don't know how bad I feel for leaving you like this. I miss you like crazy and its only been two weeks! Sorry I couldn't write to you sooner, things over here have been pretty busy lately. But I've settled in just fine. I've made a new friend his name is Liam and he's about my age, I hope you will be able to meet him some day, he's super nice.

I hope you'll write back to me, if you do please send it to the address of 'Officer 284, Army Force of Britan Sub Camp 5, 71 Kay Road.'

Love Always, Zee. xx

Niall lets a small smile play at his lips, he pulls some lined paper and a own from his drawer deciding to write back to Zayn.

Zayn,

I know I miss you too. I'm going okay I guess, I had to go back and stay with my parents though. I wish you were here. That's cool maybe I could meet this Liam guy someday, he seems like a decent lad.

Lots of Love, Ni. xx

A week later Niall received another letter from Zayn.

My Dearest Niall,

You should have seen me when my sub camps mailman gave me your letter. Thank you for writing back. That's good, but don't forget if your dad starts to give you grief, my parents don't mind having you stay with them. Liam and I have become really close, he's like a brother Niall. And guess what! He lives in London too, I will definitely be keeping in touch with him later on.

Anyway how are you, what's been happening? I haven't seen you for three whole weeks something must've changed.

Love Always, Zee. xx

Zayn,

Are you kidding? Of course I'd be writing back to you! Yeah I know.
I hope you aren't getting it on or whatever with this Liam, your mine Zayn. Mine ;)

I've been okay. But been vomiting for the past 3 mornings. Only in the morning, strange actually.

Lots of Love, Ni. xx