Falling.

{2 weeks later}

Niall lay awake, it was 2 in the morning but he couldn't sleep. He had a bad feeling that something terrible had happened to Zayn. All he wanted was for Zayn to be cuddling him, whispering that he loved him into his ear. But Zayn wasn't here. Niall was alone.

Of course Harry had stopped by to see Niall in the last few weeks, partly because of the fact Niall hadn't been himself lately, and well sometimes Harry just needed to get away from the fighting with Louis.

Harry knew something was just not right with Niall. He wasn't as happy as he used to be, and over the past weeks Harry had been visiting the blonde, it was on a rare occasion that he had found Niall smiling. But Harry definitely knew something was wrong when he saw a few scars littered over Niall's wrist, and a few fresh cuts.

"Niall. What are those?" Harry manages to ask in barely a whisper.

"Nothing."

"Niall you need to stop." Harry sighed, engulfing the boy in a hug, rubbing his back softly. Niall doesn't answer, instead he just leans into Harry's hug, it wasn't like Zayn's hugs, but it was nice.

"I'm going to book you in to see a therapist." Harry said, looking Niall in the eyes.

No. Niall didn't want to see a therapist of any sort. He wasn't sick. He was fine.

"I'm fine Harry really." Niall mumbled, trying to force a smile on to his face.

"No Niall, your not. You've been cutting and your not happy anymore."

Niall snapped.

"FUCKING HELL HARRY. I DONT NEED A THERAPISTS HELP, OR YOUR HELP FOR THAT MATTER. JUST FUCKING GET OUT OF MY HOUSE." Niall screamed.

Harry was shocked, tears running steadily from his green eyes as he ran out the door. Niall felt terrible. He knew Harry was already having troubles with Louis and he just had to go and yell at him like that. Niall cried. For hours, curled up on the couch, he was such a fuck up, he felt as though he messed up everything he was ever a part of.

Eventually the tears stopped, he decided to call Harry. Niall had apologised and agreed for Harry to take him to see a therapist tomorrow.

Now here he was sitting in his first therapy session in a bland room across from a lady in her mid 20's, she had introduced herself as Natalie. She was asking him all sorts of questions. In all honestly, Niall wasn't paying much attention to anything she said he just replied with the occasional nod of the head or a yes or no.

"So Niall, you're pregnant. Correct?"

"Yes."

"And you cut?"

Niall nods sheepishly.

"Have you been having suicidal thoughts, or anything of the likewise?" Natalie asks, glancing up from her notepad.

Niall stares at the ground, nodding in the slightest.

"Okay. And when your friend Harry called up yesterday, he said he thought you weren't as happy and always looked tired. Is this true?"

"Yes."

"Okay Niall, it seems to me that you have depression."

Niall looks up at Natalie with teary eyes. Why, did this have to happen to him. First falling pregnant now depression. What has he done to deserve this.

"I would usually put a depression patient on anti-depressants, but your pregnant, so I can't. But I would like for you to see me once a week. You're free to leave now."

Niall stood up, without saying a simple goodbye, he just walked out the door. Harry was waiting in the car outside.

"How'd it go?" Harry asked.

"I've got depression." Niall shrugged as if it was not important. Harry gasped.

"Well do you need to take medication?"

"No."

"Seriously Niall, what's wrong. Usually people don't just get depression because their boyfriend goes to fight in the army." Harry sighs.

"IM FUCKING PREGNANT OKAY HARRY. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?"

Harry is shocked. Niall explains the whole thing, from when the morning sickness first started, to finding out he was pregnant and then now the depression. They sit in the car for a good hour Niall letting out all his feelings and Harry just listening.

"I wish you had have told me earlier." Harry sighs. As he starts up the car for the drive back to Niall's flat.
When they had arrived Niall hoped out.

"Thanks for trying to help me Harry. I know I've treated you like shit, but this means a lot." Niall smiles, a full smile, one that isn't fake or forced. Harry's face light up at the sight, just glad to see the blonde boy smiling again and his blue eyes sparkling like they used to.

"I'm always here for you."

Niall gives a small wave, heading inside. Niall felt relieved, like a weight had finally been lifted off his shoulders. All because he finally told someone who was important in his life everything he'd been hiding. Telling some therapist or a doctor meant nothing to Niall, but telling one of his best friends, that meant a lot, and for once in a long time Niall felt happy. He forgot about his worries for Zayn, of course he still had the odd thought that something bad had happened to Zayn, but he wasn't as worried now.

Niall had decided he would write another letter to Zayn, even though he hasn't heard back from the tan boy in one and a half months, it was worth a shot right.

Zayn,

Hi. I haven't heard from you in like forever. I'm really missing you, and I have some great news, and some not too good new. Well bad news first, I have depression. And the good news, well Zayn I'm pregnant! Go figure. I'll explain it properly when you return. I'm nearly three months along, and there's a bump starting to show. I wonder of it'll be a girl or a boy.

Please reply Zayn.

Lots of Love, Ni. xx

Niall sent it off that day, but it never made it to Zayn, or even his sub camp. But Niall didn't know that, nor did he need to know.

--

Four days later Niall had received a call, it was from an unknown number but Niall answered it anyway.

"Hello?"

"Hi is this Niall Horan?" A deep voice asked.

"Yeah."

"I'm Officer Jason Parks, and I have called to inform you of the death of Officer 284, Mr Zayn Malik."

"Oh." Niall whispers, he hangs up straight away, not knowing if he would be able to hear anymore of what this man had to say.

"No." He sobbed.

"NO!"

"WHY ZAYN? WHY!"

Niall sat on the floor, crying. What did he do to deserve this, what did Zayn do to deserve to be dead? Angry raged through his body, he got up and ran upstairs to his room. Niall stood blankly, staring at the wall before slamming his fist into it, cracking the plaster.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." He screamed. He ran into the bathroom pulling out his razor, slashing it across his pale wrist. Blood drips onto the floor, Niall doesn't care, if it wasn't for the baby he was carrying inside of him, Niall would have tried to kill himself right here an now. This baby was the only thing keeping him alive.

A/N/: Okay, don't freak out just yet, I promise it'll be okay. :)

Thank you for the votes and comments! But sorry for the slow update. x

Please vote, comment and fan me of you liked it :) x

Bye Chickens!! Xx