What Happened To Us?

A/N: I chose this character because well he basically was the Australian version of Niall (besides his style). And that's what I wanted, for Zayn to see Niall in the boy. But thank you everyone who sent in characters, it was hard to choose xx

Zayn's life was hanging by a thread. He was barely alive, his heart beating slowly, his breathing shallow as he lay unconscious in his smashed up car.

Many cars drove past the scene, but no one bothered to stop to see if Zayn was okay, the truck driver had also kept driving when he'd hit Zayn's car, as the truck didn't really sustain any damage.

Eventually though, one car had stopped, pulling over by Zayn's wrecked up vehicle. A tallish boy, around the age of 21, with dirty blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes stepped out of his car, examining the scene. He poked at Zayn's face, before calling the ambulance.

Within half an hour, an ambulance had arrived to take Zayn to hospital. As the paramedics were wheeling Zayn into the back of the ambulance, they boy stepped forward, tapping the man who seemed to be in charge on the shoulder.

"Do you uh, mind if I come along?" He asked.

"Sure, but you'll have to follow behind in your car."

The blonde smiled happily, getting in his car, trailing the ambulance to the hospital.

--

Zayn was hooked up to about 4 different machines, all of which were keeping him alive. Fortunately though, they had gotten to him quick enough, which means he should wake up soon.

Zayn can hear voices, lots of them that he hasn't heard before. He's trying to wake up, for Niall, for his son. Finally, his eyes snap open, almost blinding himself because of the harsh lights on the ceiling.

"Ugh." He groaned.

"Oh you're awake." The boy grinned, his strong Australian accent ringing through Zayn's ears.

"Who the fuck are you?" Zayn hissed.

"I'm Drew. I was the one who found you, you're Zayn right?" His blue eyes glistened, reminding Zayn of Niall. Niall's eyes were very similar, so was almost everything about this boy who had introduced himself as Drew.

"Oh well uh thanks I guess." Zayn mumbled.

"No problem."

Just like that, Drew and Zayn seemed to click, instantly becoming close friends. Zayn had explained his whole situation with Niall. Drew didn't say anything the whole time Zayn rambled on, he just listened. Eventually Zayn finished talking, sighing heavily.

"So uh, if you're single, uh maybe once you're out of here we could go out to dinner?" Drew asked, this was the first time (although they'd not know each other long), that Zayn had seen Drew nervous.

"Sure I don't see why not." Zayn smiled, blushing a little.

A nurse, with caramel hair that was tied into a loose bun and green eyes and a name tag that read Claire entered the room.

"So Mr. Malik, everything seems to be okay, you've still got a concussion, so we need to keep you in for a week just to keep an eye on you." Claire smiled.

"Oh, uh okay thanks." Zayn sighed. He hates hospitals, why couldn't he just leave? Hospitals were so full and boring, they never let you have fun, all you do is lay in your bed and stare at the ceiling for hours on end. Drew had sensed Zayn's boredom, and felt he had to do something about it.

"You know what, I'm not waiting a week to take you on a date. I'm going out to get some food to bring back. I don't care how unromantic it is, we are having our date here." Drew said, smiling like an idiot.

Zayn's eyes lit up, and a smile stretched across his face. And although he'd hate to admit it, he hadn't smiled like that since he'd been back.

"You'd do that for me?" Zayn asked, blushing.

"Anything for you sweet cheeks." Drew laughed, pressing a small kiss on Zayn's forehead before leaving to go get some take away.

When Zayn's new found 'friend' returned and the pair started their meal, for some reason everything felt in place. He forgot everything he had been worrying about. It was perfect.

--

Niall had heard about Zayn's crash a while later. Someone from the hospital had called to inform him, telling him he was welcome to come at anytime.

Although Niall was still mad at Zayn, he couldn't just stay home and think about it. He had to go check up on Zayn. Maybe even bring him a bunch of flowers to give as a get well soon gift.
He packed a baby bag for Tyler before getting in the car, strapping the baby in his booster seat before driving to the hospital, stopping by the florist.

"Hi, uh I'm here to see Zayn Malik." Niall smiled half heartedly.

"Sure sir, room 130."

"Thanks." He muttered, dashing off with Tyler in his pram to find Zayn's room.

128.

129.

130!

With the fresh flowers he had brought for Zayn, he swung the door open, totally forgetting to knock. The two boys on the bed jumped back in surprise, both their lips swollen. It was quite obvious to Niall that Zayn had been kissing this boy. Niall choked back a sob, dropping the flowers he had brought.

"What happened to us?" Niall whispered.

"YOU WERE THE ONE WHO FUCKING KICKED ME OUT DIPSHIT." Zayn seethed.

"Zayn, I only wanted to be safe. You know that." Niall started.

"FUCK YOU NIALL. YOU'RE A WORTHLESS SACK OF CRAP." Zayn shouted.

Niall winced at Zayn's harsh words, only turning to run back down the halls of the hospital with the pram.

Niall sat in his car for almost an hour, crying his heart out before pulling out of the car park, driving back home. He thought he was over Zayn now, obviously not.

A/N: UPDATE OMG YAY.
how was it? what's going to happen with Zayn & Niall's relationship? how about Zayn & Drew? hopefully the next update will be sooner.

Please vote, comment & fan me if you liked it. (:

Again, thanks for all the reads, votes & comments, means a lot. x

[dedicated to @HollisterHottie because i used their character idea]

Bye Chickens!! Xx