Hanging by a Thread.

Zayn and Harry watch on nervously as the fire brigade attempt to put the vicious fire out. They wait in silence hoping that someone gets Niall out of the burning house. But they lose all hope of seeing their precious boy again when the roof collapses, the whole building toppling over.

"No." Zayn whimpers, turning away from the crumpled building in front of him. Tears form in Zayn's blue eyes, Niall's got to be dead for sure now. He feels like nothing, like he's not important, maybe God hates him he thinks, just like everyone else does.

Harry turns to face Zayn, wrapping him in a hug. "Maybe he was meant to die young." Harry sobs, only making Zayn cry harder.

"We need an ambulance! He's barely breathing." Someone yells. Zayn and Harry's heads snap towards the voice. Niall's body is laying limp in a strong looking mans arms.

The ambulance screams down the street, dodging all the people who have now gathered around the scene to see what all the commotion is about. A few people help lay Niall down onto the ambulances stretcher bed. Zayn rushes to the ambulance begging to get in and accompany his boyfriend to the hospital. The paramedics just push him away.

"Please, if he dies I want to be with him." Zayn sobs.

"Sorry but no, his condition is to critical, we can't have you getting in the way."

"Please." Zayn begs, the paramedic pushes him back, slamming the doors in his face. Zayn cries loudly, if Niall died in the ambulance he wouldn't be there.

--

Harry and Zayn arrive at the hospital, Zayn carrying Tyler in his arms. They rush into the waiting room.

"Is Niall Horan here?"

"Yes, he's in ICU (a/n: intense care unit, I'm pretty sure) he stopped breathing on the way here."

"Where is it god dammit." Zayn shouts, slamming his fists on the desk.

The receptionist looks at Zayn wide eyed, "third floor in the B wing, room 192." She mumbles. The two boys take off, running through the hospital.

Zayn takes a deep breath, holding Tyler tighter to his chest before pushing open the door to Niall's hospital room.
Nurses and doctors were rushing around, attaching Niall to an oxygen machine and various pain medicines.

"Niall." Zayn whispers, stepping closer to Niall's pale, motionless body on the hospital bed.

"Please step back sir, we're losing him again."

"But I have to be with him."

"Sir please, or you'll have to step outside."

Zayn presses himself against the wall, kissing Tyler's forehead. "I love you Ty, and your Daddy too, you're both absolutely beautiful."

Harry smiles at Zayn, "Niall still loves you a lot you know. He was a wreck while you were gone. No matter how many times I told him he needed to forget about you he still wanted to be with you."

Zayn glances up, "I'm honestly trying not to break his heart again, I've gotten way to many chances already."

"I just hope he's going to be okay." Harry whispers.

A\N: YOU DONT KNOW HOW SORRY I AM FOR NOT UPDATING FOR AGES THEN GIVING YOU A SHORT CHAPTER!

but I hope it was okay anyway (:

please do vote, comment and fan me. it will mean a quicker update.

Bye Chickens!! Xx