Chapter 16

woke early hours the next morning to Cinn's heart monitor slowly rocketing. As I looked up I could see his eye slowly blinking open. I pulled my hand from his running to the door getting ready to call for help but he stopped me "kitten?" He asked.

"No" I responded to him when he called me 'kitten'.

Cinn spoke up again "it is your kitten, baby, Kadence."

I nodded my head remembering he hasn't opened his eyes since he first saw me, I responded "yeah it's me Kadence. Sorry for just stopping in I just thought I should come and see you."

A confused expression passed over his face "it shouldn't matter if you just stop by kitten, I'm just glad your finally here. I'm sorry about that accident, I hope you still love me."

I looked at him shocked asking "why would I love you, before you answer that question can you tell me why we were I the car together? My boyfriend doesn't even know why I was, so please do enlighten me, Mr Carter!"

A mixture of emotions passed through Cinn's face; there was shock, confusion, surprise, worried but most of all sadness and anger. Cinn rubbed the back of his neck asking "who's your boyfriend?"

I laughed at his question responding "you should know, Angel, your brother Angel Carter. At least I have been told he's your brother but he hasn't been to see you neither have your parents."

I could see pain cross his face further but that didn't stop him, Cinn responded "he isn't your boyfriend Kade, I am your boyfriend. You were in the car with me earlier that night as well because that night was our first official date. We were returning so late because you decided you wanted to get a room and finally give me all of you. You were the one that wanted to leave so early in the morning so you could be there before your mum woke up. We were singing to some song and the car came out of nowhere running a red light..."

Tears were heavily coming out of his eyes by now, I could see his heart monitor spiking. Cinn continued "we shared our feelings, Kade, it told you I am in love with you and you told me you were in love with me. After everything we had just got together, after me being a dick for so long and pushing you away. From the beating, I received for just looking at you, let alone talking to you. Then we had to fight our parent's opinions as well as the number of times you defended me to Angel. The nights you asked me to spend the night because you knew Angel would be waiting for me to get home and you didn't want to see me black and blue. "

All I could say is "no that can't be right, everyone has said I am with Angel, they won't all lie."

Cinner yelled, "what reason have I got to feed you all of those bullshit lies, why would I waste my breathe on meaningless words if they weren't true."

I yelled back "I can't...I don't remember anything."

Cinn replied, "what happened, why don't you remember?"

I looked down to my feet running my hand over my forehead replying "I hit my head in the dashboard, the doctors claims I might remember everything, something or nothing at all. I just have to try to go back to normal."

Cinn nodded his head saying "growing up we were never really close mainly because I never put in any effort, also because you were mainly Angel's friend so I was warned away. Then we grew taller, older and different. We got to high school and you became a cheerleader, Angel became a footballer and I was just the bad boy."

I laughed "I don't look like a cheerleader, to be honest."

Cinn laughed with me adding "I always asked you the same thing and you would tell me because your mum was one and so was your grandmother. It was t until tenth grade when Angel started beating on me when I climbed up your window slowly opening it. You were sleeping peacefully in your bed when I got there.
So I stripped from my clothes leaving me in my briefs and I laid beside you. You turned to face me cuddling into my side. It wasn't until ten-fifteen minutes of me being beside you, you sprung awake. You yelled at me quietly, of course, saying 'what the hell are you doing here in my room, in my bed'.
I, of course, laughed at you saying 'I got cold and needed somewhere to go.'
It took a while before you had a look at me but when you did you saw my face covered in cuts and bruises. It became our thing; Angel would bash me, I would climb your window and wake you, you would clean me up. Then I would get dressed in the clothes I would have at your place and then I would spend the night."

I nodded my head saying "not that I don't believe you but if I were to go home now there would be your clothes in my room?"

I slowly nodded my head saying "yes in your closet, there would mainly be wife-beaters and sweat-pants. You hated it when I slept in my underwear, you never turned me away when I came to you and you never really questioned me on things. You would just wait until I was ready to tell you things, I knew you hated it but I did always have a reason for not telling you things."

I slowly moved my hand along his bed taking his hand in mine, I entwined our fingers gently giving his hand a squeeze. I tightly closed my eyes saying "I have to go now mum wanted me home an hour ago but I will come again you haven't answered all of my questions yet."

As I got to the door Cinn asked "do you believe me about us being together?"