Chapter 18

Two days ago I was released from hospital, thank god for that. Two days ago I made the hasty decision to move out of home and into my own place. I knew it was time to go out on my own. I am grateful for Kadence though she has been my rock.

Her home life hasn't been so great either later so most the time she spends the night at my place. She has half her wardrobe in with mine, a toothbrush and all her girly products here. If it weren't for calling the other place home you would think she lived here.

Over the past week, my girl has had many more memories make a return but other things are still fuzzy and I need to retell them. She is strong and fighting to remember I hope she remembers everything, the good, the bad and the ugly.

I was currently slaving away at the kitchen making my girl breakfast in bed whilst she still laid asleep. Last night was a long night for her, she was meant to stay with her parents last night but then they got into a fight and she ended up here.

As I brought breakfast into her I could see she was fake sleeping, still not ready for what the day had to hold. As I laid over her I whispered "baby I have pancakes."

She loudly whispered back "shhhh baby I'm sleeping."

I pecked the corner of her mouse saying "more for me then."

She quickly sprung out of bed taking the plate off the tray. As she looked down to the plate written in maple syrup was 'move in with me?' She looked at me surprised and shocked. I added to the sugary words "you spend most of your time here, really all you would be doing is moving what little is at your parents here and changing your address at school. You wouldn't have to lift a finger baby I inherited all this from my grandad. He was a good judge of character and never liked Angel so I got everything."

I shyly smiled at him responding "of course Cinnius I would love to move in here."

I jumped into his arms, wrapping my own arms around his neck kissing him passionately on the lips. Cinn continued "since we are on such a roll right now I want to ask you something else..."

Cinn reached into his Jean pocket pulling out a box, he knelt down on one knee opening the box. He started the first speech of many to come "Kadence, I have known you for too long now...I'm joking to me it feels like just yesterday I saw you from across the road. You were breathtaking even back then, I have watched you grow into this amazingly beautiful person. I know I am moving fast and we have been together dating for a month and a half but it feels like we have been together half a decade.
Growing up to me you were like forbidden fruit, since I couldn't have you I decided to make you notice me another way, I stayed away. I became the guy you wanted to solve but there was nothing to really solve. I was a young man madly in love with my neighbour and I knew at the time she didn't know me as I had hoped.
Then we reached high school and you became this desirable cheerleader and I was the same mysterious bad boy that ignored and hated everyone. You saw beyond that and saw me as me and not the bad boy facade. Then when you finally showed interest in me I was terrible and playing you more hot and cold then a tap..."

Kade let a light giggle leave her lips, I could already see the tears welling up in her eyes. I continued to confess my undying love "then I take you away for our first date, that night was almost perfect. But then you came back to me, memories or not you knew we were meant to be together. I will always love you baby so much, I'm in love with not only the woman of my dreams but also my best friend. I hope you would do me the honour to become my wife Mrs Carter?"

Tears were running down Kadence's face as she responded "yes, hell yes I won't ever be letting you go again."

I pulled her onto my chest cradling her in my arms placing the ring on her finger, I laid butterfly kisses all of her face repeating over and over "I love you."

Finally, we pulled apart and decided to go to her parents' house to pack the rest of the belongings. When we got there the house was noisy, there was so much yelling going on inside. Once we walked through the front door my mother and Mrs Blighton were having a screaming match. I decided to interrupt "hey guys we have some news!"

My mother asked, "how far along?"

I let a loud obnoxious loud "we aren't pregnant better actually. Kade is moving in with me."

I heard a chorus of gasps go around the room so Kade decided to intervene by saying "and we are also engaged, so congratulations to us I guess."

We both smiled happily at our parents while they stood there gobsmacked. If it were anything else I would have laughed at all of their expressions. Instead, I dragged Kadence upstairs to pack the rest of her belonging and we got out of there.