Ch. 2: B-Day Surprises?!

^^ Pic of Ander's friends Valerie & her cousin Caleb

*Ander's POV*

I was asleep, but couldn't wake up. Oddly, I was dreaming again but it was that nightmare I always have.

(Nightmare Begins)

I was so scared, I didn't want to move. Mother's yelling got louder and louder, "WHERE IS THAT LITTLE SHIT AT! HE IS SO GONNA GET IT WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON HIM!" Tears fell from my face to the ground, I didn't notice my loud sobbing.

Mother opens the closet door and grabs me, throwing me roughly to the bed. She grabbed a hanger and continuously whipped me. It was excruciatingly painful. I get thrown to the door, hurting my back. I made a run for it into 'Ben's Room' and he locked the door. Around me was 5 other people, oddly I didn't know who they were.

Mother knocks on the door harder and harder and we cuddle together and hug each other, "No matter what happens, I love you guys!" I say crying badly.

They hug me and speak in sync, "We love you two little brother" Suddenly, the door breaks open...

This is usually where the nightmare ends... Um, why isn't it ending?...

Mother has the hanger still in her hand and she grabs the nearest boy to her, "Nate!" One of them yell. She begins whipping him and I scream, "Take me, leave him alone!" I knew I would regret those words but I didn't need mother to hurt any of them because of me. She grabs me by the leg and drags me into her bathroom where she locks the door.

She places my head in the sink, my head facing the faucet. She moves the knob letting the water come out, basically drowning me. I kept screaming and gasping for air but it was hard. I can hear my 'brothers' outside yelling, "Leave him alone! Stop!" It only made Mother more upset as she continued.

The knocks stop and she finally stops and throws me to the door, "One more time you upset me, I will make sure you regret it!" After that, I unlock the door and see my brothers crying. We run into Ben's room and shut the door hugging each other. I was freezing cold because of what just happened but they handed me a towel which cooled me down a little. The hugging made it better.

My brothers stare at me, "Ander! Ander! Ander!" I woke up and jumped from my bed landing on the floor, "Ouch" I rub my butt in pain.

Val & Caleb laughs, "Ander, you were having a bad dream so we came to wake you up. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOOFUS!"

I laugh with them and shoo'd them as I freshened up and God downstairs. There, my Mother stood with a cake in her hands with Val & Caleb singing Happy Birthday!

"Awe, thanks guys!" I hug each of them, I was still a bit shaken from that nightmare, was it a nightmare or was that a memory? Ugh, forget it. Today's my day, I better celebrate it.

We cut the cake and eat, we have fun celebrating my B-Day. I even went to school (Performing Arts) and everyone greeted me. The day went by quicker than usual, Val & Caleb went home already do I walked home with fans signing my autograph.

As I made my way home, I stood at the porch and suddenly began thinking about that nightmare I had. Should I bring it up to Mother or not? Maybe not, it was just a nightmare anyways.

Before I enter the door, I heard Mother yelling a little, "Yeah I know Mitchell, I'll be informing him once he gets home. Now shut up & leave me the hell alone!" She hung up and I walked in pretending not to hear anything.

As I tried to make my way upstairs, I was stopped by Mother grabbing my arm which only startled me thinking about that nightmare, "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

Mother has a sad look on her face. I walked to her and hugged her, "It's alright Mother, no need to be sad" she stared at me and smiled before a tear slipped down her face.

"Ander, I need to tell you something. I know you won't take this easily, I don't expect you to. This whole time I was hiding a secret from you... You see how you would always tell me about you wanting Brothers?" She paused for a moment, I just kept thinking about the nightmare.

She finally continued, "... Well, you do have brothers..." Please don't say five, please don't say five... "-five to be exact. Your Father took them from me and I knew I couldn't live without them so I fought back and gladly got you---"

I interrupt her, "So you always lied saying that I never had brothers and don't need any! Let me guess, did you lie about Dad also? That he never abused me, that it was you who did that for him! What else is a lie--" she smacked me in the face.

Finally processing what she just did, she walks closer to me and I run into my room and locked the door. I didn't have anything else to do but cry, so I cried myself to sleep.

How could she do this to me? Lie to my face saying how I never had brothers? Lied to my face acting like she was the best parent in the world, how can she be the best when she abused all of us. I almost died, we all almost died from her. Why did she just win me and not the others, did she truly love me or did she just want to hurt me even more?!

I closed my eyes and began getting memories of all the times she abused us, I even got the name of another one of my brothers. So far I know Ben, Nate, and now Chris.

I knew I had two more, I just didn't know their names. And then suddenly two names just pop out of nowhere, 'Nick & Alex'.