19 :: HESTER :: TALKS

一 hester's pov

一 hester's pov

"you know you've been acting weird since we kissed?" jacob spoke up as i laid on his chest. "and i know it's not because of me because we act the same around each other so what's up?"

"how'd you know?" i sighed.

"usually when you get kicked out you rant on for hours about your 'perfect' sister. yet you got here so calm."

he was right. whenever i usually got kicked out i'd come to his house and probably let the whole neighborhood know. this time i just wasn't in the mood. "well, i don't know. i saw someone at that party i didn't really expect to see again."

"that would be?"

"gio.."

jacob sighed, running a hand through his hair. "are you serious? i thought gio moved."

i only shrugged. "i thought so too."

"did he fucking talk to you?" he asked sternly. at this point i knew he was mad.

"no, calm down please."

jacob and gio had a weird past so i didn't need to hear him going on. my head hurt and i had a hectic day. "sorry, that's just weird. we never talked about this either.. that kiss. how'd you feel about it?"

"oddly, it was nice, jake."

"i've been wanting to do that for a while now." jacob admitted, bashfully. i swear he was blushing.

"yeah? when did you start to like me?"

"after gio left actually. i had my best friend back and i loved it." he chuckled.

i smiled for the first time today. "i feel like it won't change anything about us, you know? were already close and we get mistaken for a couple all the time."

"i don't want anything about us to change. i just want you to be a bit more open with me."

i nodded, playing with his hair. "i'm working on it."

"i know you are," jacob smiled, rubbing my back as he always did. "get some sleep."

o{-<]:
i love them sm,,

also hayes has been in car accident so i hope he's ok