Nathan

Nathan lived up his role as a proud tech geek when Jeff called and asked him to fix his desktop computer. It was ten minutes till midnight, and the computer kept on crashing as the two of them tried to launch any applications or software there.

"Jace," Jeff groaned. "He's installed that crappy shit in here and it's all screwed up."

No one knew where Jace was since he and Jordan ran into the woods in the noon. Nathan thought about what the two of them would do in the woods in nights like these. As the obvious answer popped in his head, he pushed it away immediately, afraid if his brain decided to imagine it actively.

Nathan used Google and some free registry cleaner before the computer stopped crashing. The heaviness in his chest eased as Jeff's anxiety loosened up, replaced by some kind of relief.

"You are the best, man," Jeff complimented him. "You are."

"Thanks," Nathan said, "and it's not Jace's fault, by the way."

"What?" Jeff's eyes widened as he looked into Nathan.

"It's that game you installed that's so crappy," Nathan told him.

"No—what are you saying—"

"Of course, because you downloaded and installed an infected, pirated one," Nathan cut Jeff off and smacked his cap. "Part-time job, lifetime savings to get the game, eh? Bullshit."

Jeff laughed as he launched the said game, ignoring Nathan. It loaded fine now, a series of hard rock beat played out in the silent room. He hollered out of excitement over the racing-kind of game when Nathan heard some sort of noises from down from the hall.

Then, like as if there was this freaky, psychotic sensor in his brain, Nathan could immediately tell Jordan and Jace were in the house.

"They're home," he said to Jeff. "Jace and his helpless little mate."

Jeff laughed; his eyes still on the computer screen. "Really?" he muttered nonchalantly.

Nathan ignored Jeff. He approached the opened door, and that's when his breath got taken away upon seeing Jace having Jordan carried and tucked in his arm. Jace sped up the staircase toward his own bedroom right in the far opposite of where Nathan was standing. He didn't seem to notice Nathan; his eyes were still on his mate's figure as he put him down on his bed. Nathan moved closer to Jace's bedroom; there was a crack of the door large enough for him to peek through.

He didn't only get to watch Jace's pure bliss . . . he got to feel it, as it was strong enough to be sensed by this weird psychic ability that he had.

The way Jace looked down to his mate was magical ... Nathan noticed how hard the pull between the two of them was, as if they were a key and an ignition to each other, both required to make an engine alive, and in the end, they were still one running vehicle. Jace without Jordan was a body without a heart.

A mate was the counterpart of an immortal. As Jace leaned down to kiss Jordan in his unconsciousness, Nathan could feel that Jace could never have enough of his mate. Jace wanted Jordan more and more at each of their touch, and Jace was aware that he was going to be different—complete—after this destined union.

Suddenly, all the weight, uncertainty and worries that Nathan had exploded off in his chest as he sensed Jace's rapture. He knew he got too carried away standing there in front Jace's bedroom, but it was the ecstasy he longed for.

Maybe Nathan didn't mind if he found his mate now.

"What the fuck, Nate? What are you doing, peeking on me?"